Author Topic: People, i need help testing 1.1.9 BETA  (Read 4787 times)

zanardi

• Contributing Developer
    • GiBiLogic
People, i need help testing 1.1.9 BETA
« on: May 28, 2011, 18:00:52 pm »
Hello guys, a BETA package for 1.1.9 is ready but since almost everyone in the team is working hard on VirtueMart 2 i need some testers to release this new package.
Can somebody help? The BETA package is available at:
http://dev.virtuemart.net/issues/362

Thank you.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

franzpeter

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
    • 2in1-online | Software, Mac, PC, Netzwerk, Drucker, Pad, Display
  • VirtueMart Version: Virtuemart 3.2.6
Re: People, i need help testing 1.1.9 BETA
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 19:27:56 pm »
Did try to test it, but it does not install with MYSQL 5.5, because of wrong declaration in database. Should be engine= instead of type=.
Another bug:
Defining product type and parameter with virtuemart creates new tables for every product type (jos_vm_product_type_1,jos_vm_product_type_1 a.s.o.). With MYSQL 5.5 and above that does not work any more. VM uses a deprecated way to create those tables. Before MYSQL 4.0.18 a table creation was done with TYPE=MYISAM. Never database versions from 4.0.18 on can use ENGINE = MYISAM, from MYSQL 5.5... and above the declaration with TYPE = MYISAM is deprecated. So the database throws an error, which prevents the creation of those new tables jos_vm_product_type_xx. A simple patch is necessary to make it work again. We need to change one word in the file: administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product_type.php to make it work again. It is around line 124 from:
         // Make new table product_type_<id>
         $q = "CREATE TABLE `#__{vm}_product_type_";
         $q .= $product_type_id . "` (";
         $q .= "`product_id` int(11) NOT NULL,";
         $q .= "PRIMARY KEY (`product_id`)";
         $q .= ") TYPE=MyISAM;";
         $db->setQuery($q);

to:
         // Make new table product_type_<id>
         $q = "CREATE TABLE `#__{vm}_product_type_";
         $q .= $product_type_id . "` (";
         $q .= "`product_id` int(11) NOT NULL,";
         $q .= "PRIMARY KEY (`product_id`)";
         $q .= ") ENGINE=MyISAM;";
         $db->setQuery($q);

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 21:15:56 pm »
My understanding is that a lot of Joomla 1.5 extensions have similar issues with MySQL5.5 and some have commented that J1.5 itself can have issues on 5.5

My webhost will not be "upgrading" to 5.5 until the vast majority of scripts (Drupal, Nuke, Concrete etc) are updated to be compatible.

SO far I have found no 1.1.9 issues, but have had too little time for testing.

Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.8.2 10325 on Joomla 3.9.18 PHP 7.3.18

franzpeter

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
    • 2in1-online | Software, Mac, PC, Netzwerk, Drucker, Pad, Display
  • VirtueMart Version: Virtuemart 3.2.6
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:09:56 am »
Joomla itself is installable with MYSQL 5.5. But it too has some wrong declarations. By default, MYSQL 5.5 use InnoDB as default database engine. Because the Joomla database install script does not declare the engine, all Joomla tables receive InnoDB. But it works with InnoDB too. There are no foreign key constraints in Joomla so it does not matter. But the way to make everything work is to simply use ENGINE=MyISAM instead of TYPE=MyISAM. There is another problem with jos_vm_waiting_list while installing.

mikekiy

• Beginner
    • Yes, we do websites
  • Skype Name: mike.kiy
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.0.16
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 17:23:50 pm »
Zanardi

I have read the flack flying about the two small bugs in 1.1.9 and the upset on the side of the team and the users.

I haven't put myself forward as a tester before as I consider myself to be inexperienced - I am not a programmer by training.

However, we now run 10 (and growing) sites with VM as a key component.  If it would be helpful to you in the future I can certainly run all these up into test and see if they break.  However, I am only going to be able to spot issues in the functionality that I use; I'm simply not qualified to look further.

Thinking a little more on the testing issue, I wonder if the community would step forward more helpfully if the testing tasks were parceled up in some way.  Let's say the team publish a list of functionalities:

Category structure working
Checkout structure working etc ...

asking a community member to pick up just one small focused task may result in more stepping forward.

Let me know if I can help.

Kind regards

Mike
Mike Kiy
Yes, we do websites Ltd
The Barn
43 Oakdene Road
REDHILL
RH1 6BT
UK