News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

setting up UPS shipping

Started by werod79, May 28, 2011, 07:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

werod79

Hi,
I am new in virtumart. ,and I don't know from where I have to start,so if you can't help me, just send me link to any post or information help me in configuring UPS and USPS shipping step by step from Zero.

Thanks

lowmips

First, get your API credentials
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=66867.0
Make sure you're moved to the PRODUCTION environment.

Then in VirtueMart go to Administration-> Store -> Shipping Modules List.
Find the UPS module you wish to use.  Click "Configure Shipping Method".  Enter your credentials and any other settings.  Choose which services you wish to offer.  Save the configuration (NOTE: VM117+ has an issue where after saving the module you do not see the updated settings.  You need to click somewhere else in VirtueMart, then go BACK to the shipping module configuration to confirm the settings took).

Be sure to give your products weight.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

werod79

Thamks lowmips,

I got this error message at selecting  shipping method step:

Error: UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: 111107, Error Description: An origin postal code must be specified.

???? Any help please????

thanks

lowmips

You need to configure your store's shipping address.
-Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Bigjohn

With this enabled, I get to the cart page where it asks for Select shipping option - UPS is my only one.  Nothing shows up!
Do i have to configure this shipping module AND do a shipper too with other rates??

lowmips

This module has nothing to do with the "standard" module, for which shipping carriers and rates are configured.  Try using VirtueMart debug mode, run through the checkout process again.  You should get more pertinent information about what's going wrong.

Bigjohn

So
You are saying that if I turn on SHIPPING via the UPS module in the STORE/Configuration/Shipping tab
That I can ignore completely the SHIPPING submenu in the left menu tree? where you set up shippers and shipping rates?

lowmips

Yes.  That menu is for setting up permanent rates for the "Standard" and other similar shipping modules (I think "Flex", maybe one other).

Reggie

Bigjohn

Hmm.
Then I just can't figure out what's happening here.

I'm going to try turning on Debug...

Bigjohn

Hmm.
I get nothing!

Debug does not show anything related to the UPS module, except statements for items  without weight...

Anything I can look for in particular?

lowmips

Products must have weight for the UPS module to work.

Bigjohn

Thanks for that.
While my customer goes through and adds the dimensions and weights of product (as I told him 2 months ago...) we're enabling the FLEX module to get started..
So
I disable UPS, and enable flex...
Get THIS error sequence...

Please select a Shipping Method!
Debug: Starting Shipping module: fedex
Error: cURL ERROR: 3: malformed
unable to process subscribe
Error: Error updating the Meter Number.

any advice?