News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM as catalogue

Started by coeugh, May 24, 2011, 14:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coeugh

Hello, im using joomla 1.6.3 and VM 2 beta3.
Everything is working fine, i have fixed the php error 60 and the language issue too, i still have one problem, i want to use VM just as a catalogue so no one can buy and no add to cart link shud be shown. all i need is to show information about the products stock price...etc
I know there is an option Use only as catalogue but its not working for me. whene i check the box to make it Use only as catalogue nothing change.

Can anyone help me to solve this ?

Thank you

jenkinhill

I don't think that part was finished for Beta3. We have now seen RC1 and a lot of changes since then, including in the db,  which will be evident in RC2.

You shoud never try to build a site using a beta version - they are never complate and are published to allow identificaion and tracking of bugs.

Also VM2 will be J1.5 compatible, but may not be J1.6 compatible. Joomla 1.7 should be released by then.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

coeugh

Thank you for your answer, so iv im using joomla 1.6.3 and i need to install VM and use it as a ONLINE SHOP, what advise can you give me ?

Thank you

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

djliquid

Quote from: coeugh on May 24, 2011, 14:52:17 PM
Hello, im using joomla 1.6.3 and VM 2 beta3.
Everything is working fine, i have fixed the php error 60 and the language issue too, i still have one problem, i want to use VM just as a catalogue so no one can buy and no add to cart link shud be shown. all i need is to show information about the products stock price...etc
I know there is an option Use only as catalogue but its not working for me. whene i check the box to make it Use only as catalogue nothing change.

Can anyone help me to solve this ?

Thank you

I am sure this will be addressed. I have a site in alpha right now that is J1.6.3 and VM2RC1. There's a lot of VM-based errors - enough so that I took it down completely (in alpha) until they work out the database. it looks like there likely will be database updates too with RC2 but hopefully they will have an update for RC1 or even previous.

I, like others, wanted to stay ahead of the curve and build out with VM2 and update as it comes - this is obviously effecting our milestones but for the project I did this for I'll be ok as I have a workaround substitute in place while the team is hard at work. I am sure the wait will be worth it.