News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Cannot get USPS Shipping module to work properly!

Started by thudson83, April 22, 2010, 20:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thudson83

I have been trying to get the USPS Shipping module to work on my site; http://www.craigsbeardstache.com and have called USPS several times to finally get them to move everything to the production server. They sent me two urls; one for the production server, another for a secure server. Do I have to use both, or just one? If I have to use both, where do I insert the secure server url? I have a valid username/password and they are inserted into the shipping module. The shipping module is selected in both the configuration and the shipping module list. I do however, have the old usps shipping module on the list; should I uninstall it? I do not have any other shipping methods selected, do I need to have any more? I did not set any shipping rates in the shipping section, but designated usps as a shipping method.

I keep getting an error when it goes to selecting a shipping method in the cart; see attached file.

I designated all dimensions and weight for each product as well.

My current setup is:

Joomla version: 1.5.15
Virtuemart Cart version: 1.1.4
Server location: Go Daddy
USPS Shipping Module version: v4.2 supporting USPS API v3.

Please help me with this, I need to complete this project.

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

IPN

Hello,

I am getting the same error.

Please select a Shipping Method!
Shipping Method

Error: couldn't connect to host
Error: USPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.
Notice: We are unable to obtain any USPS shipping methods at this time, please choose from one of the following shipping methods.

I'm using joomla 1.5.10 and VirtueMart 1.1.3 stable

USPS Module: 4.2 Chaz Mezan, Corey Koltz, VM Community    www.usps.com/     N/A     The USPS Shipping module v4.2 supporting USPS API v3.

Can someone please provide some help to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

yaani

I am getting the exact same error also.

I have called the USPS custoemr support & they say my account is active on teh production server & everything is OK on their end.

Does anyone have a solution for this error?

yaani

I found a solution for my error.

I had upgraded from the USPS Module 4.1 to the 4.2 version. The upgrade instructions required replacement of just the "uspsv4.ini" and "uspsv4.php" files.

After I also replaced the uspsv4.cfg.php file the module worked again & I got shipping quotes returned from the USPS website.

Hope this helps someone else.  :)

timbreese

I just did what you suggested and it looks as if it is working.

When I ran the De-bug before I got the error message:
Debug: The Shipping Module 'standard_shipping' couldn't
find a Shipping Rate that matches the current Checkout configuration:
Weight: 0.8999
ZIP: 10502

By the way there is now a USPS Module version 4.2.2 now available at:

http://www.parkbeachsystems.com/latest/34-usps-module-for-virtuemart