News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Authorize.net ARB

Started by purestudio, July 08, 2008, 21:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purestudio

I've seen several people ask the question, but no concrete answers: How does one go about integrating Automated Recurring Billing with VM and AN?

My client has a VirtueMart store where customers choose a product and then need to be billed monthly for it.  I've successfully integrated AN into the site and regular transactions are being processed successfully.

Can anyone tell me how to take that next step to hook up VM with AN's ARB?  I've activated ARB within the AN system, and can even take a previous transaction and create an ARB transaction inside of my AN interface.  However, this all needs to happen automatically from the site.  AN provides an XML reference on their site (http://www.authorize.net/support/ARB_guide.pdf), but unfortunately tackling XML is a bit out of my league.

There's even a Recurring Billings checkbox in the VM configuration options, but even with this checked, nothing seems to happen from the backend.  I feel like I'm so close... and that there should be a magic block of code I can plug into one of my VM pages somewhere to send those extra parameters on to AN... but I just don't quite have the skill to come up with a solution from scratch.

Has anyone successfully done this?  What's your secret?

OK, OK, I may even be willing to pay for this - I know there are others in the community who could use this as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

bbarclay6

Use AEC. It's the perfect solution for this. Then put a link to where the person can sign up for the different memberships. I build all my membership sites in it.

http://www.barclayauctions.com not one of my membership sites. lol just a link :)

nathan.a.brewer

the Recurring Billing option in ps_authorize is just a flag, and has nothing to do really making a transaction recurring....

there are some things that make a traditional checkout with virtuemart difficult for a simple plug in ARB module, but if you dont mind modifying ps_checkout a bit its not all that hard. Anyone in serious need of a ARB solution for virtuemart is welcome to message me. What I have is still pretty new, but it works.

joomlawhiz

I am willing to modify it.  What would it take to make it happen?  Let me know.  Thanks.