News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

google analytics ecommerce integration with authorize.net

Started by fmedina, April 26, 2011, 19:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmedina

Had posted this in wrong forum I think, removed previous post and posted here.

Joomla 1.5.15/VM 1.1.4/janalyticsvirtuemart 1.3

I am running a site with those components that is using authorize.net as authorization for credit cards.  The janalyticsvirtuemart plugin (http://code.google.com/p/janalyticsvirtuemart/) added the analytics part with no problem, but out of the box it does not support authorize.net for ecommerce. 

The janalyticsvirtuemart instructions say to add: "Response page of your method of payment"
for those payment methods that are not supported out of the box.

I tried adding checkout.thankyou.php as the Response Page and I can see in the page at the end that the plugin actually tried to add the google transaction:

_gaq.push(['_addTrans',

but there were no variables of products or prices to add.

I assume that checkout.thankyou.php is not the right Response Page.  What is the right response page for authorize.net where it will return after a succesful purchase and have the values of the actual checkout process?

Thanks,

fmedina

If anyone can suggest any other plugin or component for this function, this would be fine too.  I would have no problem swapping plugin.  I already tried artio plugin as well, with no success on ecommerce part.

Thanks,

Bruce Morgan

I use this module "JoomlaXTC Google Analytics for Virtuemart"  It is low cost and has been working fine for me for several years.

Bruce
www.pepper-passion.com

fmedina

Thanks Bruce, will give this a shot.  Much appreciated.

fmedina

There seems to be a lot of views, but I guess no one is quite sure what the succesful response page is for authorize.net?