News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Workflow

Started by troyk, April 22, 2011, 04:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troyk

I'm sorry for the extremely basic question, but I've looked and looked and can't find this information anywhere.

I've got UPS configured and from my perspective, it appears to be working, pulling in rates appropriate based on the package specs and to and from zip, etc.

However, I'm still in test mode with UPS and am trying to get them to "certify" me and move me to production. In the mean time, I'm logging into UPS.com and entering the order manually to print a label.

To certify me, they are asking me to print 5 labels and submit them for review. Here's what I don't get, maybe I'm missing it or maybe they are.

Am I supposed to be able to print labels from somewhere in virtuemart? What I suspect is that a live interface would submit the order, but I would still need to go to ups.com and log in to print it...which of course I can't do now, because I'm in test mode.

is that right, or am I not seeing something obvious?

Again, sorry for the very basic question, I've been swimming in documentation and old forum posts, but haven't seen this explained from a simple workflow standpoint.

lowmips

If you're using the UPS module that comes with VirtueMart, it has no label support.  Neither does my UPSv2 module.  You've signed up for the wrong API.  All you need is the Rate Shopping API (it's not called that exactly, I can't remember the name offhand). You've signed up for Office and Print, apparently.

Backpedal, sign up for the rate shopping API, and ask that you be moved to production immediately.  Be sure to mention you are using a 3rd party ready-made solution for the VirtueMart eCommerce platform.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

troyk

Thanks very much for your answer. Not what I originally thought, but it's helpful now. I am using the v2 UPS module and am having a few issues, but I'll post them in a new thread.

lowmips

post UPSv2 issues in the UPSv2 thread please.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)