News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

UPS Worldwide Expedited & UPS Saver Returning $0.00 for Shipping

Started by yaani, February 17, 2011, 18:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaani

I am using Joomla 1.5.22 with Virtuemart 1.1.6 & UPS shipping module 1.0

Everything seemed to be working just fine until we got a completed order that returned $0.00 shipping for UPS Worldwide Expedited SM & UPS Saver.

The package is being shipped from the US to Canada & returns these shipping quotes

QuotePlease select a Shipping Method!
UPS Worldwide Expedited SM ($0.00)  -  USD124.47 Guaranteed Day(s) To Delivery
UPS Saver ($0.00)  -  USD133.43 Guaranteed Day(s) To Delivery (ETA: 1)
UPS Standard ($33.55)

USPS Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)** ($102.00)  -  1 - 3 business days
USPS Express Mail International ($73.90)  -  3 - 5 business days
USPS Priority Mail International ($44.35)  -  6 - 10 business days

It looks like it is returning the correct shipping amounts but not putting them in the total. It allows the customer to select the UPS Worldwide Expedited SM shipping for $0.00.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Does anyone know if the UPS 2.9 shipping module fixes this bug?

Thanks!

lowmips

There are a few bugs in the original module that could cause this, and yes, my UPSv2.0 module fixes them.

If you don't want to use my module, try putting your shop in debug mode and run the checkout again.  Be sure to put your error_reporting at the fullest level as well.  you're probably suppressing the error messages that should be showing.

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

yaani

Thanks for your reply.

I just upgraded to Virtuemart 1.1.7 but of course it did'nt fix the problem, I didn't expect it to as it wasn't mentioned in the changelog.

I turned the full debugging on but I don't understand the results. It did return this only I have no idea what to do with that information as far as changing the php code.

QuoteUPS Worldwide Expedited SM ($0.00) - Weight: 10 LBS, Fee: [[(1)]+0](1)]  -  USD124.47 Guaranteed Day(s) To Delivery
UPS Saver ($0.00) - Weight: 10 LBS, Fee: [[(1)]+0](1)]  -  USD133.43 Guaranteed Day(s) To Delivery (ETA: 1)
UPS Standard ($33.55) - Weight: 10 LBS, Fee: [[33.55(1)]+0](1)]

Can you please tell me what is a reasonable donation in order to get the UPS 2.0 module for Virtuemart 1.1.7?

Thanks!

lowmips

Any amount is OK! In the past, my other 'donation based' modules received anywhere from $5 to $50 donations.

The more the donation, the more quickly I'll publicly release the module.  =)

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

yaani

Reggie,

My customer was glad to make the donation for the fix in your UPS 2.0 shipping module.

I sent you a donation, can you please send me the fix?

Thanks! 

yaani

Reggie,

I received the module with the fix & am about to install it.

Thanks!

jerepops

Had the same problem and I figured out what was wrong.
Open the file ups.php in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping

Change line 232 from:
if( $currNode->childNodes[$e]->nodeName == 'RatedShipmentWarning') {

to:

while( $currNode->childNodes[$e]->nodeName == 'RatedShipmentWarning') {

the problem is ups sometimes returns more then one 'RatedShipmentWarning' so you need to loop through all of them.  The if satement just goes through one occurence, so if more then one was returned then the shipping price would get mapped wrong.

and boom goes the dyanmite!

hadriansilver

THANKS jerepops
I just spend 1.5 hours looking for this solution!

fitcurrent

Sorry I am clueless on this how do I apply this fix?

Where do I download that file and how do I use it?