News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No vendor section found in beta3 and svn

Started by danielw81, April 15, 2011, 20:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

We have our current website set for us as the unique vendor using virtuemart 1.1.8 and it works great for that.

Now the thing is that we have to set up a new website where there will be a lot of vendors selling their products and I'm wondering (after reading quite a lot of posts) if VM is the best solution for this nowadays as I see the multivendor in VM seems in alpha stage.

As you can imagine we need the vendors to be able to manage their shop under our website from the frontend, something which seems impossible with VM right now.

Bad moment to set a new website indeed with joomla 2.5 on the way and VM 2.0 too...

maybe we need another solution like magento, prestashop, zencart or oscommerce for this type of website.

However we are familiar with VM and we like it, so a simple question, can this be done with VM nowadays?

Regards

Milbo

You enable multivendor, enabling multix in the virtuemart config.
lindapowers give it a try.... VM is atm almost working with multivendor, when they are allowed to enter the BE. So for lindapowers problem it is atm not suitable. On the other side porting BE views to FE is quite easily done in vm.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Thanks Max, I'll give it a try.

I guess sooner or later the frontend feature for multivendors will be available so we can wait.

Regards

njasm

Quote from: Milbo on December 09, 2011, 11:34:44 AM
You enable multivendor, enabling multix in the virtuemart config.
lindapowers give it a try.... VM is atm almost working with multivendor, when they are allowed to enter the BE. So for lindapowers problem it is atm not suitable. On the other side porting BE views to FE is quite easily done in vm.

how can i enable multix option? my virtuemart.cfg multix var is set to none,

what kind of options exist to test multivendor ?

is there any wiki related to this file? multivendor docs? even if they are developer notes..

thanks

Podarinka

Good day.
In what time you are planing to enable multi-vendor function?
May be I can use some programming way? I use VM 2.0.12f and J2.5.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum