News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No vendor section found in beta3 and svn

Started by danielw81, April 15, 2011, 20:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielw81

I use joomla 1.6 and installed the beta3 without sample data. Now I do not find any vendor section within the menu. So I'm not able to add any vendor.

Is this how the system now works or a bug?

Thanks

jjk

Beta3: VM Administration Menu - Edit Store - Vendor (tab)
SVN: VM Administration Menu - Store Information - Vendor (tab)  ;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Milbo

The multivendor capability is disabled.
VM 2 is now completly vendor related and we will add more and more multivendor features. But it is already a long time stated, that the vm2 is multivendor capable, but not featuring it. So for the RC, we are going to remove anything multivendor related, that means we comment it or set the vendorId on 1.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

wortex

i'm sorry but i didnĀ“t understand the previows post...

Virtuemart has or not the vender funcionability?? Please, give me a clear ansewr.

If it is possible how come it is disable? If it is disable is not possible, since theres is no interface to activate it.

So, i want this feature in VM2, since i intent to create a multistore with J1.6.2 and VM2.0-b3.
It is very strange why this feature is not in the inicial release, since the propose of a version 2 is suposed to be a better one of the 1.1.

I know VM is on beta release yet, but this information is very important and critical for testing and for further implementation.

If this option isn't available, i better rollback to J1.5 and VM 1.1.8, what it will be a pain in the **s.

Hope to ear some news about this issue.

Diogo

jjk

Quote from: wortex on April 18, 2011, 17:25:06 PM...i intent to create a multistore with J1.6.2 and VM2.0-b3.

Hi Diogo,
The goal for VM2 RC is to have a stable basic system, to which the bells and whistles will be added later this year. It was already stated along with the release of the first VM2Beta, that the structure for multi-vendor is build into the sytem already, but initially it will be single-vendor.

In other words, you could start building a single vendor site with the release of VM2 RC in approximately two or three weeks from now but you might have to wait a few months before you can make your shop multi-vendor.

Starting with VM2Beta3 only makes sense if you are able to manually migrate your database table columns and rows into the RC, because quite a lot of things were changed (improved) since the release of Beta3. I would recommend to wait for the RC before you start.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

djliquid

I also did not install the sample data and I do not see a vendor tab when I click Edit Store.

I just get this error.
renderVendorList $vendorId is empty, please correct your used model to automatically set the vendor_id to the logged Vendor

Quote from: jjk on April 15, 2011, 21:36:45 PM
Beta3: VM Administration Menu - Edit Store - Vendor (tab)
SVN: VM Administration Menu - Store Information - Vendor (tab)  ;)

Milbo

Quote from: djliquid on April 23, 2011, 05:49:58 AM
I also did not install the sample data and I do not see a vendor tab when I click Edit Store.

Ah thanks, seems ot be a small bug, when you dont isntall sampel data.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

wortex

ok jjk, and thanks for the advise.

I am on a tight schedule for this multistore site, so i will implemente it on J1.5.23 and VM 1.1.8.

If in a couple months i see that the VM2-rc is multivendor ready, i consider a migration to J1.6 and VM2.

Its not critical the migration, its critical my tight schedule.

Hope to ear more from this beta version.

Thanks for everyone.

Keep up the good work.

Diogo

PleaseReleaseV2NOW

I am screwed. This is horrible. How can you not include this rich multi-vendor feature. I installed the sample data and I get one vendor (who's name and info I changed). Then when I go to add new user, I have this option for "is vendor" or "no vendor" then I click to activate it, and it remains the "red x". I go to the Edit store tab, and I can only edit the administrator's default store. I can't see the other users I added.  Someone help. I am in the middle of a project and I desperately need to offer multi-vendors a solution and allow them access to VM backend to add their own products and services.

Milbo

Multivendor is intersting for people who can code, atm.

Multivendor has so many different scenarios that we decided that we need first a good running single vendor store. This means that the whole logic in the background is now working with with a vendor id and that most parts of the logic is implemented.

But there are some locations you have to decide which vendor Id you wanna use, depending on the multivendor scenario.... In this cases we just mapped it to vendorId 1. When vm2 is final, we start with implementing more and more multivendor features.

But most people dont multivendor, why they should wait 2-3 months for a feature they dont need?

MCC

Finally an answer to multi vendor, thanks...when 'late year' do you anticipate the VM2 release; September, December?

I am looking to develop/launch a website that main archetype is the multi vendor business model.

Please share any tidbits you can...thanks again!

Stonedfury

I have been looking around on this and there are coding ways, but I am eager to see VM2 and how it works with Joomla 1.6
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

Sunburst WebConsult

Does VM 2 (latest version) now have multi-vendor GUI-options? Or if not are there any docs on how to code it?

Milbo

Taatshi

Please, say me, how can I activate multi-vendor function? I am nof found it in menu of VirtueMart.

If I can do it in some files, give me information in what files and method to do it.

Thanks.