News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error: Credit Card Number not found! instead of redirect to paypal

Started by cassiemcd, April 08, 2011, 11:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassiemcd

okay so i've got this problem of when in Internet Explorer and the shopper chooses paypal as a payment option rather than credit card it doesnt redirect when the user selects 'next' instead it goes back to the page and says "Error: Credit Card Number not found!" when credit card wasnt selected

eep! any help would be great! :)

alosurdo

I get the exact same error. I have two payment methods at my checkout. Credit Cards (enter details on site) and Paypal. THe customer selects which they would like to pay by with the radio button and presses Next. However when the customer presses next after selecting paypal the erro: Credit Card Number not found appears instead of redirecting to paypal and the Credit Card payments radio button is selected, not Paypal

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alosurdo

i have tested with Chrome, Firefox and IE9 and the issue only occurs with IE8. All other browsers are fine.

Any help to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated

mgibson

paulmason411

I have the same problem. I've only experienced this with IE 8, it doesn't occur on firefox or chrome.

I've had customers write in and are very confused.

paulmason411

I've found where the error is coming from.

On the choses a payment option page there is the following javascript:

window.addEvent("click", function() {
if($("paypalExpressID_ecm").checked)
{
$("paypalExpress_ecm").value="2";
}
else
{
$("paypalExpress_ecm").value="";
}
});

Basically with IE8 it isn't updating the value to 2. I'm guessing that the mootools checked method works slightly differently on IE8 to other browsers.

As I only have one payment option, my quick workaround was to fix the value at "2" on the file:  \components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\checkout\get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php
changing the line:
<input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="" /> to:
<input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="2" />

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you can pinpoint the JS error.

Cheers, paul!

VMWomby

hi to all,
thanks thanks thanks
2 weeks of searching and at this time solve the problem.
paypal worked with ie8.

i´m happy
kr
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

seovisibly

i was hoping this thread would help my problem but it doesnt.

let me explain as clearly as possible:

firstly, let me say that everything works as it should on all browsers EXCEPT internet explorer (IE)

here is my problem with IE

i am using paypal api. i have 2 options with this for payment.
1. paypal - where it directs me to paypal to pay for product
2. credit option using paypal api - where i put all credit card information in and it processed it using paypal api in the background

right now, if i use the credit card option and enter all credit card info...it works!

however, if i click the paypal option and click next it gives me the "error: credit card number not found" as if i entered a bad credit card

AND if i do this

Open the file get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php in [JOOMLA_HOME]/components/com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\checkout

Look for this code:

<input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="" />

and change for this

<input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="2" />

then paypal option works fine BUT now when i enter my credit card info and click next instead of taking me to the confirm page for the credit card it directs me to paypal instead as if i click the paypal radio button option.

it seems like IE cannot distinguish which radio button someone is choosing. it is either doing one or the other.

please help me fix. the site is live and this is driving me nuts.

ewanvrooyen

@paulmason411

Your solution worked for me. You're a life saver, thanks!

For anyone else...when you change the code: REMEMBER to clear your basket, delete cookies and cache and try again.

QuoteCode: [Select]

<input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="" />

to:
Code: [Select]

ralfeez

Okay it looks like some people have found solutions that work for them. So far, I have not. I am using J1.5.23 and VM1.1.9. Nothing that I have seen so far will stop the dreaded "Error: Credit Card Number not found!" and still work with all of the other functions. I just want to use Paypal to collect funds. I also need Paypal to process a credit card without a Paypal account (but that is another subject). Someone needs to mark this as a bug and work on fixing it. If you need volunteers, let me know, but it has to be fixed to be able to use Virtuemart. I can't be the only one having this issue.
Thank you,
Ralph

abhinav

Hi,

I'm also getting the same error
Error: Payment could not be processed due to an Invalid Credit Card
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_paypal_api)

in virtuemart new api payment method, i have tested that method for sandbox as well as real paypal a/c but no luck.

Please help me to solved that issue. i"m using joomla 1.5.23 and virtuemart 1.1.9

Thanks in advance.

illusiondrmr

Quote from: paswan on November 17, 2011, 11:52:55 AM
Here problem is that ,js is not  updating the value when paypal is checked.
So try this ,it works for me...........

Replace all code of  get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php in [JOOMLA_HOME]/components/com_virtuemart\themes\yourTheme\templates\checkout             
with the attached file code.

I jusr registered to say a BIG THANK YOU to paswan for this solution.. It was a real pain in the ass this problem, and ONLY THIS SOLUTION with this magic file really works.

Really appreciate ur share mate.. at last a working internet explorer 8 + paypal new api SOLUTION. THANK YOU!!

ps. ofc dont forget to rename .txt to .php ;>

ClayDavis

Quote from: illusiondrmr on January 31, 2012, 14:22:24 PM
Quote from: paswan on November 17, 2011, 11:52:55 AM
Here problem is that ,js is not  updating the value when paypal is checked.
So try this ,it works for me...........

Replace all code of  get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php in [JOOMLA_HOME]/components/com_virtuemart\themes\yourTheme\templates\checkout             
with the attached file code.

I jusr registered to say a BIG THANK YOU to paswan for this solution.. It was a real pain in the ass this problem, and ONLY THIS SOLUTION with this magic file really works.

Really appreciate ur share mate.. at last a working internet explorer 8 + paypal new api SOLUTION. THANK YOU!!

ps. ofc dont forget to rename .txt to .php ;>

Have you actually tested this through to the very end by completing a transaction? As this is what I did. I tried Paswan's fix and yes the credit card errors at checkout had disappeared, however when you actually go to complete payment with paypal and hit the final pay button i got a long line of errors.