Author Topic: Tutorial: How to get Facebook Like working on your Virtuemart site  (Read 73336 times)

nflmerch

Re: Tutorial: How to get Facebook Like working on your Virtuemart site
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 23:03:29 pm »
I disabled the plugins one at a time and it's slow either way. I agree that it could be the large amount of products. I now noticed the facebook link on other websites is slow too, for instance a news article on http://host.madison.com/wsj . It loads the same way as my site: few second delay, then the page content jumps up a second after the image loads. Perhaps this IS the nature of the beast! Thanks for your help

kevinwood

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 00:52:22 am »
The other option is to see if the iFrame version is faster than the XFBML version.  If it is, it is possible to make the iFrame version work the same; it'll just take a bit more work.

nickon2

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 01:55:02 am »
Having a strange problem with opengraph
When the plugin is enabled that the index page does not work
The rest of the pages work OK and th og: tags are there
What could be wroong

kevinwood

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 19:20:48 pm »
Please define "does not work".

nickon2

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 19:31:26 pm »
Yes you are right. Does not work does not say mutch  :P
What I mean is that I get a blank page. Note that this does not happen on any other page.
Just the main index page. I tried looking at the source and Just don't see anything I is like there is no page at all.
I tried a different theme (just in case it was a theme issue) but it is not.
Note that I firs saw it after I installed the VM Add Canonical plugin but I am not sure if this has anything to do with it. I uninstalled VM Add Canonical plugin but have the same problem. As long as VM Open Graph plugin is enabled I have this problem. When I disable it all is OK. I also tried diff settings on the plugin but still nothing

Kind regards

kevinwood

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 14:20:25 pm »
That is a truly strange problem.  I have never heard of it happening before.  Try going into the VM Open Graph config and changing "add tags to all pages" to 'No'.

nickon2

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 14:49:20 pm »
I have tried every possilbe option. Nothing changes.
Send you an pm

kevinwood

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 14:46:38 pm »
I have now released v1.7 which adds beta multi-lingual support.

Please read the updated tutorial for more information on using this feature before enabling it.

I have tested this functionality as best I can on a Joomfish test site, but as I do not have a production multi-language site, I can not guarantee that it will perform as you might expect it to.  I would be very interested to hear back from anyone who decides to use it and let me know what their experience is like.

strophe

• Beginner
Error
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 12:32:53 pm »
Hi!
First of all, thanks for this plugin!!

I have an error on this website: http://www.lesfeesconfiot.com/index.php/boutique/confitures?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=37&category_id=1

When you click 'I like' it give a red link "Erreur" which open a popup say "La page à l’adresse http://www.lesfeesconfiot.com/index.php/boutique/confitures?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=53&category_id=1 n’est pas accessible."

and when sometime it's possible (most of the time it's not possible)to leave a comment (with the red error in the back), on Facebook you can see only the link, no images nothing else...

Have you an idea?

Thank you.

kevinwood

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 14:06:28 pm »
I have heard that this problem occurs when you have "enable cookie check" checked off in the Virtuemart configuration settings.  Try unchecking it and see if that clears the error.

strophe

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 14:22:58 pm »
I have heard that this problem occurs when you have "enable cookie check" checked off in the Virtuemart configuration settings.  Try unchecking it and see if that clears the error.
Thank you for your answer.
Hélas, cent fois hélas... no it's doesn't work when I uncheck it... still same problem.
Facebook can't acces to the page, and nothing but the link is posted on facebook.

EDIT: I just desactived the plugin, and.... all is working good now... the button is in french, and on facebook we can see the product picture etc. very very strange...
any ideas?

tcelica2000

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 22:52:20 pm »
Hi to all , sorry to bother, I have followed your tips , item by item, after 1 day i get it to "work" but isnt fully working, when i click i like botom, it says that i kike that, but error apears by side, when click the word error, a popup from facebook says:
La página de http://www.xxxxx.com/business/mastshop/shopping-virtual?page=shop.product_details&product_id=38&flypage=flypage.tpl cant be reached, i think that is because is to long, what do you think I need to do in order this to work?? Thanks in advance!

kevinwood

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 14:44:17 pm »
Have you made sure that "enable cookie check" is UNCHECKED in the Virtuemart configuration?

tcelica2000

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 17:26:33 pm »
Yes I unchecked because it wasnt working, and y read that i have to uncheck that option "enable cookie check" because facebook didnt use cookies or something like that, after I Unchecked that, start working, but appears that error message, like the url is too long... I dont know what can I do in order to repair that error. Thanks for your help!

Venci Gentchev

• Bulgarian Computer Store
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 18:00:24 pm »
I want to thank Kevinwood for great tutorial.

But I met with the plugin the following problem:
When the user is in an inside page and then enters in his/her account, it doesn't stay on the same page, where he/she was. The web-site forwards the user to a web-page, which says, that he is already in the registered users part.
Furthermore, I don't want the description of products in Facebook to use $product_s_desc.

Having tried several different plugins, I decided that there must be an easier way to add buttons.

So here's an easy way to add buttons like "Like" and "Send":

flypage.tpl.php

Code: [Select]
<?php
$doc 
=& JFactory::getDocument();
$current_url JURI::getInstance();
$current_url_string = ($current_url->toString() );

$doc->addCustomTag'<meta property="og:title" content="' $product_name '"/>' ); // product name
$doc->addCustomTag'<meta property="og:type" content="product"/>' ); // type of products
$doc->addCustomTag'<meta property="og:url" content="' $current_url_string '"/>' ); // product page
// get product image START
$db->setQuery("SELECT product_thumb_image FROM #__vm_product WHERE product_id  = " $product_id );
$db->query();
$image $db->loadResult();

if ( $image ) {
$imgurl JURI::base() . "components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/" $image;
$doc->addCustomTag'<meta property="og:image" content="' $imgurl '"/>' );
}
// get product image END
$sitename $mainframe->getCfg('sitename');  //get site name
$doc->addCustomTag'<meta property="og:site_name" content="' $sitename '"/>' );  //or what you want
$doc->addCustomTag'<meta property="fb:admins" content="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>' ); // from facebook!
$doc->addCustomTag'<meta property="og:description" content="' $product_s_desc '"/>' ); //or what you want
?>

<div id="fb-root"></div>
<!-- appId=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is your application ID from Facebook! -->
<script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&amp;xfbml=1"></script><fb:like send="true" width="490" show_faces="false" font="arial"></fb:like>

You can see how some of the products look at www.vspc.bg

Best regards
Venci