Author Topic: Editor not accepting text input  (Read 1534 times)

nmgarnett

• Beginner
Editor not accepting text input
« on: March 22, 2011, 14:49:00 pm »
Hi
I've just deployed Virtuemart 1.1.7 at http://julianmusic.co.uk and my text editor, in this case JCE, will not accept text input, the cursor won't click in the box. I can input text after clicking show/hide but in neither instance does text show in the product description. JCE works fine for articles. One thing that may help, if I input text after clicking show/hide and save, when I open the product listing the text show momentarily. I use chrome; when I tried to input using Firefox I was able to input text but as before it didn't show in front end product description.
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Nick Garnett
Joomla 1.5.21
Virtuemart 1.1.7

John Goodwin

• Beginner
Re: Editor not accepting text input
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 22:13:59 pm »
I have the same problem - text input works with Firefox, but not with IE8. The WYSISYG editor does not display at all (MCE). VM 1.1.5.
Hmmm.....

John Goodwin

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 00:39:36 am »
Update: Upgrading from J1.5.20 to 1.5.22 and VM from 1.1.5 to 1.1.7 fixed the problem in IE 8. Its still quirky though - the MCE editor does not load unless I click "Toggle Editor", then it works. Weird.

sandstorm

• ConCom
  • Skype Name: sandstorm871
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.0.16
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 13:05:09 pm »
Is there any fix/solution to this?

Ive seen in the JCE Forum Ryan has commented that its a Virtuemart problem. 
Im using all latest versions of joomla, JCE and VM but problem persists.

I'd welcome any ideas to solve, or may post a job on freelancer and see what comes back.

J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16