Author Topic: best SEO/SEF component ?  (Read 10234 times)

meadwench

• Beginner
  • I feel the need....the need...for mead!
Re: best SEO/SEF component ?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 20:43:27 pm »
What settings did you use? I have it installed, and can't get it to let my people checkout, checkout just goes back to the store main page.

Vicky Rowe

Looks like sh404sef v2.2.4.955 is working well with my VM v1.1.5 and joomla v1.5.22

I'm happy to report I can control URL, page title and description all from the admin panel for each page. Alias URL's and duplicates are cumbersome but very welcomed since it's behaving for the important things like checkout!

Also works fine with checkout I set to NO SEF for SSL and it's behaving.

Thanks!

Vicky Rowe
Gotmead.com
The best source of mead-making information in the world
Satori Digital Marketing - Small business website and e-commerce design

TimU

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 16:30:22 pm »
I just posted this on another thread, so apologies for being a bit "spammy" but I think it's still relevant to the question.

I highly recommend trying out one of the Joomla SEF plugins.

We use (and love) AceSEF with the Virtuemart extension.
http://www.joomace.net/

The base software is free (with a backlink at the bottom of each SEF-served page), but the Virtuemart extension is $15 or something. Seriously, it's worth every cent.

The best part for us after migrating from an old site, we had the ability to very easily see which pages were generating 404 errors, and redirect them to the correct virtuemart page.

@augr, You mentioned that you had issues with it breaking something important?  I've had no such issues with my site, but I did have to create a few (like 3) custom URLs to handle a few fancy redirects that I wanted to do. Nothing major, and certainly nothing that was broken beforehand.

What broke?

Tim
www.Invitations2Impress.com
Personalised Invitations For Every Occasion

We custom design event invitations using your own photos to give an extra personal touch that your guests will love!
All our designs can be made to suit ANY occasion!

netboard

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 02:21:10 am »
I bought joomace component but there is problem that my addtocart button doesn't work. When I uninstall joomace sef it work fine.

I didn't solve that problem and don't use it now.
I bought same yagendoo but there is same problems about url names and modules.

I don't know which one is good. I thought about artio sef but I am not sure about it.

I see some vm based sites their sef url are really good and works without problem. How they can do it and we can't ? 

BruceM

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 13:05:03 pm »
1. Enable the SEF options in the global configuration of Joomla.
2. Use a template that has valid code, only uses tables for tabular data and makes sure that disabled people can work with it, too. (using correct headings, etc.) As a rule of thumb: When a blind person or a person with motoric disabilities can use and read your site, you are good.
3. Write valid code when writing your articles.

and most important:
4. Write a lot of good, exclusive content. Don't copy from other sites.

I think that we all know all of this, but sometimes it worth to remind us all :)