Author Topic: VM Product Builder  (Read 12911 times)

yashbhalani007

• Beginner
  • Skype Name: yash.zaptech
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.0.22C
Re: VM Product Builder
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 11:09:02 am »
ohk thanking you sir...

lorartemis

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 11:48:27 am »
Hi balai
I have a client who sells dog coats.  Some of them have the option of embroidery with the dogs name.   I've used a custom field for the payment side so they select x number of letters at £1 per letter with a minimum charge of £5.   but they then use an input box to add the name and not all the customers select the payment option before adding the name.    They say they don't realise, but it's clear on the page and I suspect they just do it to avoid paying extra.   My client has to go back and charge them the extra money.   I hope this makes sense to you?

Would your product builder allow me to add this option to their products more easily?       If they start to add a name, they need to be charged for each letter in the name, can this be done within your extension?   

We are using VM 2.0.22c, Joomla 2.5.14.   Thanks for any advice you can offer.

balai

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 12:34:41 pm »
Hi

If you have the payment options as products, you can set the selection of such products to be mandatory.

Now if they are custom fields , Product Builder will load and display the custom fields the same way they they are displayed in the product details page.

lorartemis

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 14:06:50 pm »
Hi Balai, thanks for the reply.     The customer adds a coat to the cart, the custom fields are things like the colour of the coat, the colour of the lining, reflective strips etc.    The last thing they offer on some is for the embroidery which requires the customer to enter the name (max 10 letters) and select the number of letters from a dropdown (so the price is added) minimum £5 up to £10 in £1 increments.    This is done with Custom Fields at the moment, do you think the product builder would be better?   A lot of their customers are older people who are not great with computers so I want to make it as easy as I can. 
Thank you
Loraine

balai

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 16:21:55 pm »
Hi

Product Builder mainly lets you select multiple products, to build a bundle/configuration and put all of them in the cart.
It makes that process easy enough by dividing it into steps and offering some usefull ajax functionalities.

But you want gain much if all these are customfields. Maybe an easier and faster way to select a product and its options.
If you want to have better custom fields including colors, check this one
http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/customfields-for-all