Author Topic: UK Postcode/County/Country code zones module  (Read 55911 times)

Jakaru

• Beginner
Re: UK Postcode/County/Country code zones module
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2012, 11:11:29 am »
Trying to set up Multiple Instances where (1) is UK Royal Mail based upon Country code, which I want to apply for Under 750g parcels, and (2) is UK Postcode based for heavier parcels (3) and (4) are sets of overseas country codes using different services.

2, 3, 4 all have weight band modifiers - and all work together fine.

Its when (1) is on that things go wrong, as it still shows the Royal Mail price (cheap) with the overseas Courier (because of course the Country code is In both modules.

I need someway to stop (1) from showing when the parcel is Over 750g, and I guess vice versa too. Any idea how I go about making the shipping modules base themselves on Weight first, Then location?

Parsimonious

• Beginner
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2012, 23:34:18 pm »
Hi Alan,

I know you posted a few months ago you were quite busy and would not have much time to explore an update for VM 2. Just wanted to see if there have been any changes? I used your module on our site in Canada and it was quite helpful. I was able to set different rates as a % of the order total for different parts of the country based on postal codes. It was great to be able to partial matches of code too. It seems there is nothing like this for VM 2. Hopefully you can do an update - I can't fund full development, but would definitely buy it if it's done.

BristarUK

• Beginner
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2012, 18:48:12 pm »
I'm having a bizarre problem with this in that I can update and save the shipping config until I add a zone at which point, it just takes me to a blank screen. Anyone come across this problem before?

radovid

• Beginner
Problem with postcodes with leading 0
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2012, 13:19:05 pm »
Dearest,

I have recently noticed a serious problem with postcodes which start with a leading zero. The system does not recognise them and gives none of the available instances.
For example the post code 00165 is not recognised (so no shipping option is given) although I had configured a proper post code range: 00001-07009

Configuration of instances:

Zone type: Generic post code

Instance: 1 (Italy without Sicily, Calabria and Sardinia)
Post codes: 00001-07009,09171-87009,89901-90009,98080-99999

Instance: 2   (Sicily, Calabria and Sardinia)
Post codes: 07010-09170,87010-89900,90010-98079

System versions:
VirtueMart 1.1.9 stable
Joomla! 1.5.24 Stable
Zone shipping version: 1.51 (2011)

The site is running for a year now but nobody noticed that until yesterday when a client called and asked for help with the shipping.

Is it a bug, or I just do not know how to configure the ranges properly?

As you can understand it is an serous issue, so any any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you very much for your kindest answers.

Latest update... I solved the issue:

In the file: postcode.php
I changed the line number: 75

Code: [Select]
73        //The zip and country that you are shipping to
74       $dest_country = $db->f("country_2_code");
75        $dest_postcode = $db->f("zip");

to:

Code: [Select]
75        $dest_postcode = (int) $db->f("zip");

Now it seem to work as it should

mondomota

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2013, 10:32:44 am »
Hi, is it possible to specify shipping rates per product or category through this module?
We have been using it for a while for a client with 2 products and using 4 shipping types (UK, UK Next Day, Europe and ROW) but they now have a poduct that costs less to deliver and they want to be able to determine the shipping cost based on the product(s) in the cart.

I'm pretty sure Inow the answer but wondered if there was any scope for further (paid) development.

Many thanks,
Ollie