Author Topic: UK Postcode/County/Country code zones module  (Read 95054 times)

mike364

• Beginner
Re: UK Postcode/County/Country code zones module
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 21:40:25 pm »
Solved  :D, the issue is my posted had a space in so AB1 2CD whic becomes AB1+2CD in the shipping_rate_id.

The shipping_rate_id was truncating the + so AB1 2CD became AB1 only and the shipping cost (a few places along in the array was lost)

Does anybody know how I can stop the + sign causing this issue, as people usually put spaces in postcodes?

OJKINGSTON

• Beginner
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2011, 10:55:24 am »
Hi,

I am looking for some help ..

We have been successfully using the shipping plugin for some months now.

I wanted to run a simple marketing campaign trial whereby I offered free shipping, regardless of location or sale value. I simply de-activated the plugin by unselecting the plugin in admin/configuration.

Now I have turned it back on, it doesn't seem to work?

I have checked all of the settings and it seems to be set-up properly. Store configuration is set to min order £1, free shipping threshold £400.

I have double checked and cannot get this to turn back on.

Can anybody help?

mike364

• Beginner
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 00:03:27 am »
Hi All, sorry to spam the thread but does anybody know how to resolve this issue, I have the same problem.

I can see that the ship_to_info_id created for alternat address seems to miss the country field out when being generated, however i have no idead how to get this field included.

On the first step of checkout, shipping address managed to add the missing courty field thinking this would somehow make its way into the ship_to_info, unfortunatly this didnt work....

This is the last major bit of functioanlity I need to work now then I am 100% sorted.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Billing v Shipping addresses - not recognizing postcode in alternative shipping addresses.

Alan, I've got this all working fine when I use the default billing address but if I select to use an alternative Shipping address this appears to not recognize the postcode. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Rob.

VM 1.1.3
UK postcode zones module 1.51
Joomla 1.5.9

alanB

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2011, 16:59:29 pm »
Hi guys,

I'd just like to appologise for my complete silence on this thread - I've not recieved any notifications so didn't realise you guys were all posting questions.

I see the sites look has changed since last I was here so I wonder if the "notify me" setting got lost in the migration (assuming it's not just a reskin job).

Anyway I'm really busy at work at the moment but I will try and get some time to help out - if you've posted a question here and not resolved/given up yet please repost and I'll try and help out.

Cheers,

Alan.

mike364

• Beginner
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 20:26:17 pm »
Hi All,

If anybody can still help with this issue in my previous would be ideal, but for now I managed to work out that i could drive the post of zones using "county" as multiple zones in custome postcode and create the input mask from the "Generic Postcode Match Types" really simple really, not sure why I didnt think of it sooner.

Thanks again for this great plugin

Mike

Hi All, sorry to spam the thread but does anybody know how to resolve this issue, I have the same problem.

I can see that the ship_to_info_id created for alternat address seems to miss the country field out when being generated, however i have no idead how to get this field included.

On the first step of checkout, shipping address managed to add the missing courty field thinking this would somehow make its way into the ship_to_info, unfortunatly this didnt work....

This is the last major bit of functioanlity I need to work now then I am 100% sorted.

Thanks in advance if anybody can help.

Billing v Shipping addresses - not recognizing postcode in alternative shipping addresses.

Alan, I've got this all working fine when I use the default billing address but if I select to use an alternative Shipping address this appears to not recognize the postcode. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Rob.

VM 1.1.3
UK postcode zones module 1.51
Joomla 1.5.9

alanB

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2011, 10:35:54 am »
Hi,

I can't find any mention of ordering shipping modules - seems to be something you'd want if using more than one. I guess the ordering is alphebetical - in which case the only option would be to rename the files for one of the shipping modules and editing them; finding and renaming all references to the files within those files and changing the class name in the main php file.

I've not tried it but standard shipping is going to be easier to do than my module. So you could try:

1) rename standard_shipping.php => a_standard_shipping.php
2) standard_shipping.ini => a_standard_shipping.ini
3) edit a_standard_shipping.ini - change line 14 to:
Code: [Select]
filename = a_standard_shipping.php4) edit standard_shipping.php - change line 18 to:
Code: [Select]
class a_standard_shipping {
I would copy the files first and change the copied version until you'd tested it.

Hi,
I am using UK postcodes shipping module together with the Standard Shipping module. As in the shipping module list all modules are ordered and given id alphabetically, the UK Postcode.. module appears above the Standard Module upon Checkout. How can I bring the UK Postcodes..Module below the Standard one. My point is that this module does not have a header information as the Standard one and it looks a bit messy to show Shipping information like that.

Can anyone help with this? I have this issue too as I am using this excellent Shipping Module along with the Standard Shipping Module. It would be great if this module was just appended to BELOW where the data shows for the Standard Shipping Module and then every option would have nice tidy headers.

Any ideas on where to look.what can be done?

Thanks.

alanB

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 10:52:19 am »
Hi John,

glad you figured out where to fix that - I'll log a bug and add validation to the list for the next version (if work ever slackens again and I get some time to work on it)

I've made a bit of a rookie error on this module and entered a text string into the Zone Rate (should have been numerical I guess, and certainly not a sentence) - now I get the following error message whenever I try and access the shipping configuration:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in XXX/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/postcode.cfg.php on line 15

I'm trying to find the appropriate table to edit in the database but can't for the life of me see it. Anyone know where I can find the correct table to change the content in PHP My Admin?

Help much appreciated!

Cheers

John
www.swaysearch.com
Right - further to my rookie error of putting a text string into the 'default zone base rate' - very easy to rectify - open shipping/postcode.cfg.php and you can change the value there.

Handy if anyone else make the same mistake.

Cheers

John
www.swaysearch.com

mx5gr

• Beginner
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2011, 19:13:44 pm »
We are faced with a rather peculiar issue. We use the shipping module for all shipments of our e-shop. However, there are some products for which we want to offer a free shipping (as defined within the shipping module for purchases above a certain amount) irrespective of price entered as a minimum for free shipping. Other products that are not explicitly defined will be calculated for the shipping prices/free shipping prices entered in the module.

Can this be accomplished?

alanB

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2011, 10:44:08 am »
Hi mx5gr,

Each zone can have a list of allowed or disallowed products so I guess you could set up a second instance of the module with one zone that covers all postcodes that is set to only allow the correct items and set free shipping for that instance to trigger on 0.01.

This should mean that if the shopping cart only contains items that should always get free shipping then the second instance will trigger and offer free shipping otherwise if any other items are in the cart it won't trigger at all. The main instance will still trigger and offer it's options too unless you set all the zones in it to disallow the same list of products but then the customer won't be offered any shipping options if the cart contains both free shipping items and normal items.

You could set the main instance to display a message stating that the cart contains a mix of free shipping and normal items and they need to process them as two seperate orders. I might be inclined to not do that though and live with the situation where free shipping only carts display two options. The other thing to bear in mind however is that in the case where the cart contains both free shipping and normal items the free shipping items would contribute to the cost of shipping depending on how you've set the module up to calculate shipping (eg if the shipping is calculated from the number of items, cost or weight).

Hope that helps,

Alan.

We are faced with a rather peculiar issue. We use the shipping module for all shipments of our e-shop. However, there are some products for which we want to offer a free shipping (as defined within the shipping module for purchases above a certain amount) irrespective of price entered as a minimum for free shipping. Other products that are not explicitly defined will be calculated for the shipping prices/free shipping prices entered in the module.

Can this be accomplished?

69thelememt

• Beginner
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 14:30:47 pm »
for some reason the module will not let me save it to 'Rate type: Weight bands' it keeps reverting back to 'price bands'........This would be the perfect mod for me if i could only get this function to work!!!!

Please help

Also I cannot seem to find a new download for this that isn't missing the HTML file??

alanB

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 10:27:15 am »
Hi,

The latest version (1.51) is on the VM extensions directory (http://extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=3&sobi2Id=442&Itemid=2), there is no html file in the download only postcode.php, postcode.ini and readme - the configuration is saved in postcode.cfg.php which is automatically created once the module is installed and enabled.

If you're not using 1.51 then please update and try again - your configuration file will be upgraded without loosing your current settings. If you are using 1.51 then let me know and I'll file a bug report but I'm incredibly busy on a major project at the moment so can't gaurentee how soon I can get a chance to fix it.

Cheers,

Alan.

for some reason the module will not let me save it to 'Rate type: Weight bands' it keeps reverting back to 'price bands'........This would be the perfect mod for me if i could only get this function to work!!!!

Please help

Also I cannot seem to find a new download for this that isn't missing the HTML file??

csloan10

• Beginner
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2012, 22:41:51 pm »
Hi AlanB,

I seem to get the "No zone match message" no matter what address or postcode I use. I have tried a number of different UK postcodes. Because of this, none of the shipping options are showing. Would you have any idea what would be causing this?

Thanks for your assistance,
Ciaran

alanB

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2012, 09:57:56 am »
Hi,

can you post the contents of /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/postcode.cfg.php? I'll try and see if I can spot anything there - also what versions of Joomla and Virtuemart are you using?

Cheers,

Alan.

Hi AlanB,

I seem to get the "No zone match message" no matter what address or postcode I use. I have tried a number of different UK postcodes. Because of this, none of the shipping options are showing. Would you have any idea what would be causing this?

Ciaran

csloan10

• Beginner
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2012, 12:29:25 pm »
I worked out what i was doing wrong. I wasn't putting any postcodes into the defined zones, so therefore there was no postcodes to compare with. I have it working great, I only have one more question. Is it possible to set a maximum weight? For example in the weight bands I would like to set for weights of 0-35kg delivery is at base rate. however if weight is over 35kg, delivery to that zone is unavailable.

Is this possible? Thanks for your assistance.

csloan10

• Beginner
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2012, 11:22:16 am »
Hi alanB,

Just wonderinig if you had any further thoughts on how I could program one of the instances so that if the weight is > 30KG, that particular instance is not available?

Thanks,
Ciaran

Hi,

can you post the contents of /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/postcode.cfg.php? I'll try and see if I can spot anything there - also what versions of Joomla and Virtuemart are you using?

Cheers,

Alan.

Hi AlanB,

Ciaran