News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No download email is send for free download-able product.

Started by aravot, February 25, 2011, 23:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aravot

No download email is send for free download-able product or download activated.

By free I mean when a product price is 0 Zero.

chetanmadaan

zanardi

Not yet, but it has been reported in the tracker and it will be fixed as soon as possible. As usual, if anyone can suggest a fix, it will be welcome.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

zanardi

I just made some tests and i have to disagree. The issue is different: when i complete an order of 0, it still remains in "pending" status, while it obviously should be put in "confirmed" status.

But if i manually put the order in "confirmed" status, the e-mail message is correctly sent. Can you confirm this?
--
Francesco (zanardi)
@gibilogic on Twitter

patrik60

The problems started after Revision 2552:

Task# 167: orders equal to 0.00 but customers still get sent to PayPal

LindaM

Joomla 1.5.22
VirtueMart 1.5.8

I am experiencing the same problem as of yesterday.

I have successfully used this function for nearly a year and have a free downloadable file that has gone out several thousands times without needing to be manually flipped from pending to confirmed.

Once set to confirmed - you are correct that the email can in fact go out - If I select "Notify Customer". Making me think that the problem is in the status failing to change to confirmed as it should - not the email sending routine.

I am also starting to think that the problem is somehow tied to the Standard Shipping module and I am curious as to whether chetanmadaan is using using the same module.

For the last year I have sold only downloadable files. I am going into distribution and I am currently working with my site to make it Reseller friendly as I now need to offer both downloadable products to web users and Shippable Cd's to resellers.

I made four changes to my website just before this problem began. The free file was not touched as it's availability will remain only by download.

Those changes were:

The first was creating an Attribute I called "Format" for each of my products (other than the Free downloadable product).

The second was creating two children for each product. One is a downloadable product and the second is a Shipped CD product.

The third was attaching the download files to the child that was set up to offer the downloadable files.

The fourth was that I used the standard shipping module to create 4 shipping prices.

Additionally, I have verified that all files will fail in the same manner if a coupon or gift certificate is applied and brings the balance to $0 .

Please let me know if there are any tests you wold like me to verify for you.

Linda

filmfarci

Quote from: aravot on April 06, 2011, 17:58:05 PM
The issue is fixed in SVN.
hello aravot
what does that mean for us?
the bugreport sais it's fixed for 80% and will be fixed in 1.1.9

Quote from: LindaM on April 06, 2011, 16:33:17 PM
I am also starting to think that the problem is somehow tied to the Standard Shipping module and I am curious as to whether chetanmadaan is using using the same module.

I have the same impression, because with 1.1.5 I allready had this bug, when i had paypal as only payment method.
but when i activated a second payment option the bug was fixed.
from 1.1.6 on this trick didn't work anymore

zanardi

@filmfarci:
the fix has been committed to SVN, it just needs additional testing which will be done with a 1.1.9 BETA package. For you convenience, i attached to modified files:
- classes/ps_checkout.php
- themes/default/templates/checkout/get_final_confirmation.tpl.php

[attachment cleanup by admin]
--
Francesco (zanardi)
@gibilogic on Twitter

LindaM

Thank You for the fix. I installed the two files and my orders are now going to "Confirmed" as expected.

Your fix is working for both my file that is FREE and files that have had a coupon code applied to them to reduce the amount due to $0.00.

Thanks again,

Linda

zanardi

--
Francesco (zanardi)
@gibilogic on Twitter

filmfarci

works fine!
thanxalot

that is, with minimal 2 payment methods activated.
if paypal is the only payment method, the customer is led to the paypal site where he is asked to pay 0 €, while his order stays pending.

i hope you can fix that too, since in my site: www.tai-chi.me
paypal is the only payment-method (normaly)
but now i have to activate another (fake) option like wexpay