Author Topic: DHL shipping option showing up even though I removed it  (Read 5975 times)

virtuemartman

• Beginner
DHL shipping option showing up even though I removed it
« on: February 20, 2011, 18:13:20 pm »
How do I get rid of DHL shipping. It is not enabled in the back end and I even went so far as removing the class files and it is STILL THERE!!! Could someone please clue me in as to what is going on here. I am not a noob and have been using virtuemart for years now and have never seen this. Thanks.

nkamp

Re: DHL shipping option showing up even though I removed it
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:58:16 am »
Hello Virtuemartman,

I have the same question but till now I don't have a answer. I have been looking in the database for a field 'enable', but I can't find anything. I have made different topics on different forums.

I have virtuemart version 1.1.6. I don't know if version 1.1.7 is better, but then my cciDeal module is maybe not working.

I hope that somebody can give the answer.

Nico

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 15:24:31 pm »
Maybe you have the 'standard' module set up with a carrier called "DHL" and services/rates configured as well?
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

virtuemartman

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 17:47:12 pm »
I found out that my USPS Shipping module (although the only one enabled) was not the one being used. The standard module is being used. I removed the rates and sure enough all my shipping options have been removed as well. It turns out I am trying to use uspsv4.php and there is a checkbox;

"Show standard shipping options on error or no USPS results?"

So this usps module is what is not working because now no shipping options appear. I have tried the standard USPS one but no matter what delivery options I check only the same 4 show up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

virtuemartman

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 18:11:08 pm »
See this thread for upgrading the USPS module to fix the module to work with the new USPS API which was updated on January 2, 2011

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79241.0

After upgrade everything works!!