Author Topic: Virtuemart, Userclasses and Downloads  (Read 1094 times)

brianp

• Beginner
Virtuemart, Userclasses and Downloads
« on: February 24, 2011, 18:16:39 pm »
Hey all,

Please forgive the question if it is non-topical to this forum section and/or inappropriate. Mods please feel free to move it.

My situation is as follows. If an extension or mod seems likely to help please point me in the right direction.

I presently run a non/low-profit Joomla site where users get access to video instructional material and they upload their homework clips for critique and review. Access is on a monthly paid subscription model.
  They pay $15/month and get a new instructional video added to their lesson player every two weeks. They are put into a "Cohort" model user-class and advance through the curriculum with their "cohort/group".

We use HWDMediashare for homework uploads/conversion/viewing/comments and JWPlayer for the lesson instructionals.

I would like to use something like Virtuemart to throw away the JWPlayer, allow our students/customers to download their (steadily increasing) list of allowed lesson videos, and control their user classes so if they don't pay, then they automatically get locked out of their lesson downloads.

Does anyone have a suggestion on an extension or module for Virtuemart which would handle this kind of need? I am not adverse to buying something if it's well-supported and fits our needs.

Thanks for reading!