News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

directed to paypal after hitting "next"

Started by steelduck, February 15, 2011, 22:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanardi

@timjm:
maybe there is some confusion. I make some clarifications, for the benefit of others, too, who may read this thread.

If you go to PayPal Developer Site, you will see there are two possible methods for integration of a shopping cart with PayPal:

1. WEBSITE PAYMENT STANDARD. This is based on an HTML form with hidden field.

2. WEBSITE PAYMENT PRO. This is based on API: there is a dialogue between your site and PayPal. This method has two variants, EXPRESS CHECKOUT and DIRECT PAYMENT, but BOTH are based on API.

In Virtuemart, method 1. is called "Legacy" while method 2. is called "API".

So:
- Legacy = Standard = HTML
- API = PRO

Now, if you set API payment as an "HTML-based", it won't work, period.

That said, about your last post, PayPal account type CAN cause an error in using API mode. So yes, double check settings of your sandbox account.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

timjm

Perfect- thanks for clearing that up. I will also check the pro settings in the sandbox.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

LudwigvonMises

I am getting fatal errors from the API module upon paypal order confirmation.  After reviewing some documentation at PayPal I have come to this conclusion:

To use express checkout correctly, you need to be able to process CC on your site, otherwise the user will have to open a PayPal account.  So the way around this is having a PAyPal PRO account, which lets you process cards on your site and gives the customer this option along with Express CHeckout.

I have WSP Standard and cannot use the API method correctly live, but in Sandbox it works perfectly.  I think this is because the Sandbox account is PRO, and my real account is STANDARD.  So if you have a Standard account I don't think Express Checkout will work the way it's supposed to.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.