Author Topic: Additional files vs additional images  (Read 2819 times)

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
Re: Additional files vs additional images
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 19:59:55 pm »
this is not normal.

what I would do is do a "product files" export with csv improved.

Then empty the product files table, and then reupload. AFTER examining the file, and delete the ,lines that are incorrect
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

qme1ster

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 20:03:53 pm »
Thank you - that sounds like a logical solution. I'll give that a go.

qme1ster

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 21:20:05 pm »
Decided to restore the old database backup (before changing the isImage values from 0 to 1 in the database). So for now no duplicate images in the frontend.

I've done a product files export using CSVI Virtuemart and am cleaning up this file. I have a few questions though to help me better understand what's going on with the Virtuemart's file manager.

1. It appears to me that these are only additional files in this export - no main images - is that correct ?

2. Am I correct in thinking that any additional file that is NOT AN IMAGE contains a product file name starting with /media/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/image-name.jpg ?

3. Product image files classified as isImage = 0 ( not an image ) would not be displayed in the front alongside other images and can pretty much be discarded ? I think this might have been the source of  my  problem earlier. When I changed the isImage value from "0" to "1" I then ended up with the display of duplicate images.

Thanks again

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 21:38:56 pm »
i dont understand your post, but will try an respond

I do not know what a product file that is not an image is named to, OR the folder its in. (i do not use files, except images)

The additional images are in the product folder.
NEVER are they in the media folder.

Additional images names NEVER are changed to the product name. ONLY the main product image is. It keeps the original filename, unless there is a file with that name already
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

qme1ster

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 11:40:46 am »
Had to put this task on hold for some time - finally ready to proceed.

Have gone back to your original advice. I've run an export with CSVI of the product files and have deleted all lines which were not necessary (files which were images but classified as file_is_image=0, and which already existed in the database as file_is_image=1). So now I believe I should delete the data in the product files table before importing this cleaned up product files data.

Can you please explain how to clear the data from the database ? I'm not too familiar with mySQL statements.

Thanks a lot.

qme1ster

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 18:04:31 pm »
Hi, can anyone help me with this mySQL statement? Specifically I'm following advice above to empty the product files table before uploading my data again.