Author Topic: v1.1.6 back end unstable REALLY need help!  (Read 5879 times)

DebbyP

• Beginner
v1.1.6 back end unstable REALLY need help!
« on: February 11, 2011, 21:05:08 pm »
I've had this problem since upgrading from 1.1.4/1.1.6
I'm now running 1.1.7 - Simple Layout
PHP 5.2.15
Joomla 1.5.22

I have a serious problem with the way that VirtueMart is functioning in the Administrator.  It is acting very unstable.

The various screens that should have Tabs in them (Configuration, New Product, etc) don't.  Except once in a while it will show up looking and acting as it should but then, poof. The next time you go into the screen tabs are gone and other than the "save" button none of the buttons work, ie. Apply, Cancel, New Product, Publish, Un-Publish, etc.

The left-hand navigation is all text links and only by using them can I add a new product. Unless of course the screen is acting like it should.  Then I went into New Product and the only navigation that was on the left was those links that were associated with Products tab, the rest were gone.  Same thing happened with Configuration, only the links in the Admin navigation tab were there, the others were gone. But I've been having to go to Components>VirtueMart or go to extended view to get the Control Panel to come up and then it might come up like you expect it to, tabs for Control Panel and  Statistics.

I went into Extended Layout, one time the logo and navigation are at the top, then next time the logo is on the bottom of the screen and may or may not have the various navigation buttons, or when I click on the Extended Layout, it stays in Simple Layout.

I feel like I'm trying to drive a car built by Microsoft.
I'm running two stores, versions (1)-1.1.6 and (1)-1.1.7 and am having the same problem with both.  I'm running one store that I haven't upgraded, it is still version 1.1.4 and it is running perfectly.

Just a note, the front end of these three stores seem to be working just fine.

I really need some help with this, can anyone tell me where to go with this to find a solution?

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
Re: v1.1.6 back end unstable REALLY need help!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 21:35:01 pm »
It's very likely a javascript error. Are you using the default Joomla! admin theme or a custom theme? You need to find out more before other people can help.
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

DebbyP

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 21:49:19 pm »
I'm using the default Joomla Admin theme on all three stores.

Joseph Kwan

• Advanced
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 22:31:56 pm »
Check the javascript error.
In Firefox, open the Error Console to see the error.
In IE, click on the error icon at the bottom left corner.
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

DebbyP

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 23:32:08 pm »
Ok I found them and there are a ton of them.  Common theme seems to be:

Unknown Property:
'-moz-outline'
'zoom'
'text-overflow'
'-moz-opacity'
'filter'

/components/com_virtuemart/fetchscript.php?gzip=0&subdir[0]=/themes/default&file[0]=theme.css&subdir[1]=/themes/default&file[1]=admin.styles.css&subdir[2]=/js/admin_menu/css&file[2]=menu.css&subdir[3]=/js/extjs2/css&file[3]=ext-all.css&subdir[4]=/js/extjs2/css&file[4]=xtheme-gray.css

There were three other errors:

Error: Ext is not defined
Source File: http://xxxxxx.com/administrator/index.php?pshop_mode=admin&page=admin.show_cfg&option=com_virtuemart
Line: 63

Error: Fat is not defined
Source File: http://xxxxxx.com/administrator/index.php?pshop_mode=admin&page=admin.show_cfg&option=com_virtuemart
Line: 683

Error: XML cannot be the whole program
Source File:
javascript:%20<script%20type="text/javascript">Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL%20=%20"http://xxxxxxx.com/components/com_virtuemart/js/extjs2/images/default/s.gif";</script>
Line: 1, Column: 147
Source Code:
<script type="text/javascript">Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL = "http://xxxxxx.com/components/com_virtuemart/js/extjs2/images/default/s.gif";</script>

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 23:50:52 pm »
have you tried to overwrite the admin folder with the files again?

sometimes files get corrupted during FTP.

I have to turn off my network firewall when uploading anything large
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

DebbyP

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 23:56:07 pm »
There are no "Manual installation" packages for 1.1.6 or 1.1.7 the JS file sizes seem correct when compared to the manual installation package for 1.1.5.

Permissions are set at 644 for them just incase that might be an issue.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 23:57:21 pm »
download the whole package, and FTP

administrator/components/com_virtuemart   over
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

DebbyP

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 00:05:07 am »
there is no such animal in the full package 1.1.7

DebbyP

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 00:27:03 am »
Ok used the /administrator/components/com_virtuemart from 1.1.5
cleared my cache just to make sure I wasn't getting old stuff.  But it didn't work. Same problems.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 15:22:13 pm »
there is no such animal in the full package 1.1.7

you are telling me there is not a administrator/com_virtuemart folder in the full package?

J3.9+ VM 3.4.2

DebbyP

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 18:29:41 pm »
1.1.6 and 1.1.7 are both full copies I guess (no folders other than plugins and modules) but they are not manual install copies. 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 both have manual install packages that you can download.
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

DebbyP

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 18:46:34 pm »
I downloaded it but when I try to extract the folder it says that the Compressed folder is invalid.

DebbyP

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 18:50:33 pm »
Ok looked at the "Patch" files again and I see that there are Administrator folders in them. so maybe I should update them from the patch files? 1.1.4> 1.1.5> 1.1.6 instead of the patch file from 1.1.4>1.1.6?

DebbyP

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 21:54:27 pm »
When I look at the Error Console for what happens when I try to click a button that doesn't work this is what I get:

Error: vm_submitButton is not defined
Source File: javascript:document.adminForm.toggle.onclick();vm_submitButton('new','adminForm','product.product_form');
Line: 1

Then when I click on the link to look at what the error is, I get the following 2 errors:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIWebNavigation.loadURI]"  nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/viewSource.js :: viewSource :: line 221"  data: no]

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWebProgress.removeProgressListener]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml :: removeProgressListener :: line 394"  data: no]