News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

T-Shirt Store Virtuemart Template Design Needed

Started by donnamarieharding, February 02, 2011, 16:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donnamarieharding

Hi

I am looking for a template for an online t-shirt store, newbie to virtuemart and joomla!! What I need is a store similar to www.hairybaby.com. (My websites is www.mr-tee.ie - under construction!!)

How I plan to layout the store is to have thumbnails of the tshirt designs on the homepage, when you click the thumbnail to view the product page I intend to have a dropdown menu for styles on that page (using the child product) so for example vneck, crew neck, long sleeve etc, when you select one of these it will redirect to that styles child page where you can select the colour, size, etc. As I will have different T-shirt styles for each design, and in turn these styles will come in certain colours and sizes, I cannot get all the information onto the parent page.

So I tried the ja_larix theme, this worked to some extent but I found little glitches that I had no idea how to fix like the styles item appearing in the child product page where my colour dropdown menu should appear, and also i don't like how the boxes appear around the dropdown menus.

I also would like a swatches colour option like hairybaby.com so that leaves me with the need to find a new t-shirt template. I figure I probably won't find a t-shirt template that will have a colour swatch option on it, so does anyone know how I go about gettiing one custom made? How much would that cost??? (in euros???)

Joseph Kwan

The sample you sent is built on Virtuemart with advanced attribute. It will be a lot more complicated using child products.
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

balai

VM_Fans

balai

David Kan

You guys can have another option that is Virtuemart color swatch extension with jQuery, jCarousel...from Cmsmart
+ More attributes (size, brand, materials..) than just color
+ A lot of custom fields (shape, style, display, multi-images for 1 attribute...)
+ Zoom-in included without extra fees
http://virtuemart-color-swatch-extension.cmsmart.net/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-color-swatch-extension
There are clear instruction video, user guide and full of install package. Just see and try it once!