News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Is "Paypal New API" only for Website Payments Pro?

Started by piperpilot, December 07, 2010, 03:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piperpilot

I am trying to set up Paypal with "Website payments standard".  When I enter everything and try to do a checkout, I end up with complaints about no credit card, etc.  When I look at the code, it looks like it is trying to go to the "Direct Payment" option.  I have that disabled in the config, but it looks like it is trying to excecute that anyways.

piperpilot

OK...I'm gonna answer this myself to help anyone else out that might be looking at PayPal integration.

The "Paypal New API" can be used with "Website Payments Standard" only with Express checkout.  In order for this to work properly, you need to set the following:

Check for CVV - NO
Enable Direct Payment - NO
Enable PayPal Express Checkout - YES

If you see the "Normal Checkout" link AND the Express checkout icon, then most likely you have the default of Check for CVV - YES.  This seems to leave that link enabled.

kchamarat

Hi,
Which option did you select?

Credit Card
Use Payment Processor
Bank debit
Address only / Cash on Delivery
HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal)

From the Paypal website, I use "Website Payment Standard". From the shopping cart, do I need to set anything on the API Username, password, signature?... Please advise.
Paul

piperpilot

HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal)

You then need to generate an API password on the paypal website and enter that information into the configuration tab.  Attached is a screenshot of my setup.  I am currently configured to use the sandbox while I am testing.  I blanked out the values for password and signature, but you need those from when you generate them on Paypal.

Hope this helps.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

pencaitland

I've tried this new API with a sandbox pro account and get the credit card errors whatever settings I put in any of these fields. I can't use the express checkout option since I need to allow for shippoing costs. What am I doing wrong?

piperpilot

I don't think you can use the "New API" if you can't use express checkout.  Express checkout DOES pass your shipping costs, etc. to paypal.  It is basically the same as the normal old API in that respect.

To get rid of the credit card option, make sure you set:

Check for CVV - NO
Enable Direct Payment - NO

pencaitland

I've been testing this with a payment pro dummy account in the sandbox and what ever I set the params I get the same message; I need customers to be able to choose shipping options