Author Topic: VM Vertical Product Scroller Options?  (Read 3031 times)

SouthgateMaya

• Beginner
    • Southgate Coins
VM Vertical Product Scroller Options?
« on: January 25, 2011, 23:58:14 pm »
My website is www.southgatecoins.com. I am on Joomla 1.5.22, and Virtuemart 1.6.

I am having difficulty implementing a product scroller on my website. The stock Virtuemart Product Scroller does not work—I am unable to size the thumbnail images to fit within the parameters of the scroller module.

I have since installed Virtuemart Scroller, a more customizable after-market version of the original scroller provided by Virtuemart. With this scroller, I can size the images accordingly, but I am running into another problem:

How to I select multiple categories for the scroller to display? I only have the option of choosing nothing (and displaying all categories randomly), choosing only Featured Items, or choosing an individual category ID.

I cannot, however, choose more than one category ID to display. (I have tried using a parent category to display products in the child categories, but since there are technically no products in the parent category, nothing displays.)

Is there a way to fix this problem?

If not, is there another product scroller available that allows for more in-depth customization?

I am ultimately looking to place more products on my homepage, in a vertical column format, going down the right-hand side of the page. I want to allow for more inventory on the homepage... More inventory is more spider food, and I need to get crawled!

Any help is appreciated!