Author Topic: ps_payment shows credit card option  (Read 5213 times)

aclhkaclhk

• Beginner
ps_payment shows credit card option
« on: January 21, 2011, 12:19:42 pm »
i want to have 2 option: paypal(api) and prepaid (custom)

The "prepaid" shows bank account details for buyer to transfer payment offline after order confirmation. it uses ps_payment class and payment method type is "Address only / Cash on Delivery"

whenever paypal(api) presents, there is a credit card option shown below "prepaid" in addition to paypal option. pls read the attached screenshot.

the credit card is useless. if i select credit card, it does not ask for creditcard info. if i proceed, it will show error "credit card not correct ........"

for paypal(api), i selected html form and ps_paypal_api

pls advise how to remove it.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

keefo

• Beginner
Re: ps_payment shows credit card option
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 16:55:33 pm »
i also have this Credit Card issue!!

its driving me nuts trying to remove it... i need it to have PayPal ONLY!

any ideas please? :)

AH

• Global Moderator
  • VirtueMart Version: 3.6.3
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 17:08:40 pm »
Just turn the credit card payment method off and leave only paypal checked in teh backend.
regards
A

Joomla 3.9.12
php 7.2

androctonvs

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 23:42:01 pm »
That doesn't cu it, either.
I also have only the Paypal and the Cash on Delivery Methods turned on, yet it doesn't work.

Fariida

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 16:09:22 pm »
Hi, I was having this problem and this did it for me.

go to:
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/checkout/get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php

Edit the "get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php" file from the default theme folder no matter what your theme is. I don't know why but it just works out that way. Remember to make a copy of your file too.

Look for the language with the image you want to get rid of. In my case it was 'en_GB'. Take out the image url only.

Then delete the following: (sorry i cant fine the script tag for some reason)

<fieldset><legend><strong>PayPal</strong></legend>
      <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%">
          <tr>
              <td>
               <input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="" />
               <input type="radio" id="paypalExpressID_ecm" name="payment_method_id" value="<?php echo ps_paypal_api::getPaymentMethodId();?>" />
               <?php echo $html; ?>
              </td>
          </tr>
      </table>
   </fieldset>

Then you're all set! I hope this works for you all.

SDCommunicatie

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 14:04:44 pm »
Dear andpatton,

I know its a long time this topic was active but I'll give it a try

I have used these files and configured but. when i click on confirm order it is not taking me to any payment page directly giving the message like

Thank you for your order. Your order has been successfully placed! A confirmation email has been sent. not giving any error even can any one tell me what is my problem.

I've read all the posts and found people with the same problems but I cant find the solution.

Can you please help?!

the site is www.wesellanyplants.com

Thanks!
Sann

krofeta

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 20:15:14 pm »
Hi, I was having this problem and this did it for me.

go to:
/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/checkout/get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php

Edit the "get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php" file from the default theme folder no matter what your theme is. I don't know why but it just works out that way. Remember to make a copy of your file too.

Look for the language with the image you want to get rid of. In my case it was 'en_GB'. Take out the image url only.

Then delete the following: (sorry i cant fine the script tag for some reason)

<fieldset><legend><strong>PayPal</strong></legend>
          <tr>
              <td>
               <input type="hidden" id="paypalExpress_ecm" name="payment_method_ppex" value="" />
               <input type="radio" id="paypalExpressID_ecm" name="payment_method_id" value="<?php echo ps_paypal_api::getPaymentMethodId();?>" />
               <?php echo $html; ?>
              </td>
          </tr>
      </table>
   </fieldset>

Then you're all set! I hope this works for you all.

With this solution you delete main paypal option, not crdit card. Useless....

ayj984l3

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 16:24:06 pm »
Has anyone found a solution to this one?  I'm facing it too.  I got past all the problems with using PayPal only, and it's working fine, but I need to get rid of the spurious credit card option in the payment list.  Sorry, Andrew, I have no idea what you mean by "turning the credit card option off in the backend."  If you're referring to the Payment Method List screen in VM admin, "PayPal (New API)" is the only payment option active.  "Credit Card" is not active.

ayj984l3

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 16:44:40 pm »
I got rid of it by changing /components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/checkout/get_payment_method.tpl.php and commenting out the entire bottom section.  In other words, I added a "/*" and "*/" around a block of code so that it now reads:

Code: [Select]
/*if ($nocc_payments==true) {
    if ($cc_payments==true) {
    $title = $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_OTHER');
    }
    else {
    $title = $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_ORDER_PRINT_PAYMENT_LBL');
    }

?>
    <fieldset><legend><strong><?php echo $title ?></strong></legend>
    <tr>
        <td colspan="2"><?php 
            $ps_payment_method->list_nocheck($payment_method_id,  false); 
            $ps_payment_method->list_bank($payment_method_id,  false);
            $ps_payment_method->list_paypalrelated($payment_method_id,  false); ?>

</td>
    </tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
<?php
}*/

I DO NOT CLAIM TO BE A PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMER, and I don't know if it will work if you have other payment methods this should have listed.  I'm only using PayPal, and this change got rid of the spurious "Credit Card" payment option. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, but it worked for me.