Author Topic: Using virtuemart as Point of sale system (Dynamic price/discount)  (Read 2270 times)

ahmmog

• Beginner
Hi all,
I've started using virtuemart recently and found it very great tool, but for now I need to use it as a point of sale system and I recommend not to use any third party in this project. (I know that I can use kassanova point of sale system and I know it's great) but in my case.. I need to use it alone..
For now, Everything is okay except the pricing, I need to have the ability to price (add the price) dynamically from the front end that will not be available to other than the sales men..
The dynamic pricing should enable me to overwrite the price default price dynamically from the front end (because it will be used by the sales men but not by the customers themselves)
So dynamic pricing or dynamic discount (Like the discount in kassanova) will do what I need.
Virtuemart virsion: 1.1.6
I'll appreciate all of your suggestions/help

Thank you

goretex34

• Beginner
    • Zeesl web design · diseño web Zeesl
Re: Using virtuemart as Point of sale system (Dynamic price/discount)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:35:01 am »
I know your post is old, but...
Did you get any solution?
I'm just envolved in a shop project where they need an online store (Virtuemart) & a POS (Point of Sale) in the physical shop.
I'm thinking about using Kassanova's software (kasanova.org) but I would like to know if there are other solutions.
Do you know any free/opensource POS software?
Any advice?

Thank you very much!
Christian
------------------------------------
www.Zeesl.com  @Zeesl
www.chartconsulting.net @chartcon
@goretex34

vmstar

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 15:36:05 pm »
I had setup a POS using Kassanova with Virtuemart about 1 year ago. The setup works fine, however I feel the POS UI was is not fully developed
and their documentation is also not really great !!

Kassanova guys can provide support if there is any issue during setup.  I also found that system became slow due to data growth after few months
so DB tuning was required.  Kassanova guys suggested to use EasyPHP on Windows to get printer library working. 

Good Luck !!

Doggiefield

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Beginner
    • POS for Webshops
  • VirtueMart Version: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 23:32:17 pm »
We have developed a POS that is installed as a component in Joomla and works with Virtuemart 2.
It has a lot of options built in.

I have started a new topic in the third party extensions with a few screenshots:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118401.0
Point of sale for Virtuemart
http://www.posforwebshops.com

VirtueMart Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 23:32:17 pm »