News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtue Mart Multishop

Started by BenjaminJ, November 24, 2010, 11:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenjaminJ

Hi guys,

is Virtue Mart (like Magento) Multishop ready? I want to manage different shops in one Virtue Mart Backend, so I dont need to add single product three times.

Thanks for your help and kind regards,

Benjamin

Milbo

The simpelst multivendor solution works already.

With j1.6 and a multidomain extension it is possible to use multivendor as multistore. The whole system of vm1.5 is vendor based. You just need to add the stuff you need for your special idea, basics are there.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mikeboon

I'm also interested in this but have not enough with the help above.

- Why is J1.6 needed? What's the difference on this subject with 1.5.22?

- Can you advise a multidomain extension which works great?

- Are different domains pointing to a single VM database? So if I update product descriptions, stock, ... they are update on the different domains? And will the stock be updated automatically in the central VM database when orders from different shops are coming in?

- What exactly is shared? Only the VM database? Can websiteA and websiteB have a complete different webdesign/layout?

Help is really appreciated! I'm ready to launch multiple domains but don't know how to do it. If anyone has experience with it I'm also ready to pay for it, so it moves forward faster.
Mike

Milbo

Quote from: mikeboon on January 02, 2011, 11:14:06 AM

J1.6 is needed because it handles the multidomain function.

- Are different domains pointing to a single VM database? So if I update product descriptions, stock, ... they are update on the different domains? And will the stock be updated automatically in the central VM database when orders from different shops are coming in?
Single database dont need an update. Central stock managment is not written that way. There are 2 different directions. You can have different vendors and you access the vendorpage by a certain domain. You want one vendor selling over different shops. But that looks like everytime the same shop, just different templates depending which domain you used.

J1.6 is needed because it handles the multidomain function.

- What exactly is shared? Only the VM database? Can websiteA and websiteB have a complete different webdesign/layout?
Yes

Max
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

digimax

at the moment i dont have had a look at VM2, so am writing this with my vm1.6 Knowledge on a joomla 1.522.

am looking for something similar, the thesis will be that the shopper sees one big store, and can chat or contact the catagorie storeadmin and/or (if templates manufacture details is on) ask the manuf. a question.

with an option to pay the vendor directly. vendors can be storeadmins and/or linkin (parts of) their database. so i like so see some playing with module options and rights.

eg; a backend shopadmin-manager can only see/edit/add/delete products in the categories / vendors i as superadmin assign to him.

off course there is the issue of supply and schipping costs with multi vendors, so if a shopper orders 5 items from 2 stores or vendors, and one vendor or store has all items, that storeadmin must get the order in his backend. how do i split the invoice if items are shipped from 2 vendors (double shippingcosts)?

backend orderpicking 4 multi storeadmins would be nice fut. too, but thats another topic :)