Author Topic: [Resolved] Removing text for 'Add to Cart' button  (Read 922 times)

bmdavis

• Beginner
[Resolved] Removing text for 'Add to Cart' button
« on: January 10, 2011, 16:55:26 pm »
I have searched all over the place and found 2 solutions, neither of which are working:

1. go to components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/product_details/includes/addtocart_form.tpl.php and change the value of the input form to "".

Did that and on the webpage, when I check the source, still showing as "Add to Cart"

2. go to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/common/USED_LANGUAGE.php
and find 'PHPSHOP_CART_ADD_TO' => 'Add to Cart'.

That line does not exist in my english.php file.

#1 should have worked but the text I deleted is still there. Where is the text coming from?

zorkhh

• Advanced
    • vm-expert.com
Re: Removing text for 'Add to Cart' button
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 17:08:33 pm »
You can do this via CSS:

open the theme.css in your virtuemart-theme and find the ".addtocart_button" class. Here you can add something like

text-indent:-2000px;

This will move the string out of the visible area of the browser.
Virtuemart Professional Support at http://www.vm-expert.com

Visit the large Virtuemart Group on Joomla.org: http://people.joomla.org/groups/viewgroup/30-Virtuemart.html

bmdavis

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 04:02:57 am »
I have more information on the problem. Option 1, above did, in fact work on the product page, but on the category page the text is still there. The category page must be getting its cues from someplace else.

bmdavis

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 04:13:27 am »
Solved.

I had to go into components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/browse/includes and edit the addtocart_form.tpl.php - change value to ""