News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

UPS Items per box/package help

Started by lrossy, January 07, 2011, 19:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrossy

When we ship, we use two types of boxes (for example), one can fit 4 items per box, and the other is just for one item at a time.

I noticed when looking at the debug code that the UPS module seems to recieve all the products in the cart sumed together, which leads me to my question...

Are the shipping costs going to be wrong because UPS is assuming im shipping one 50 lb item as opposed to 5 10 lb items ?

I set 4 items per box in the backend of joomla for this product, but that does not seem to have any effect on the price of the shipping, nor do any dimensions, only the weight seems to matter in the calculation.

In reality, this would be shipped in two boxes, one box would have 4 items, one would have 1 item, so I would think the UPS module should be passing 2 items to UPS when determining the calculation, so it knows it would be in 2 seperate boxes as opposed to one large item.

Any help or insight into how the products per box or dimensions work with the UPS module would be greatly appreciated!

Note: im having the same issue with the Fedex module but the UPS one seems to have more support

lrossy

I just installed lowmips module, wow, that is one awesome peice of work my man!

Seems to solve my multiple products per box issue, but im still confused as to why VM has a field for # of items in a box if it doesnt do anything..

Bigjohn

So you're using the "UPS 2.0" module?
Thanks.   Sounds like I should start out there!

John