Author Topic: Dicounts for different items in same category  (Read 849 times)

sunsh49

• Beginner
Dicounts for different items in same category
« on: September 25, 2011, 16:59:41 pm »
VMart 1.1.9 Joomla 1.5.23
Hi I haven't been able to find an answer to this problem in the wiki or faqs, which may be down to my bad understanding.

My client sells other things as well but he wants to charge a discount on 3 or more products which are tubes of paint

I know I can do this for 3 purchases of the same product but he wants to make the discount available though all items of this category. There are no items in the category that are excluded from this, an all the individual items are the same price.

He also says he might be able to increase the discount if say 10 or more items are bought together, but this is a problem for later.

The site if it helps is www.geoffkersey.com

It's just under development at the moment but it is live as far as Virtuemart is concerned.

There must be some simple answer staring me in the face, but any suggestions would be really welcome.

Christopher

• CDTi
Re: Dicounts for different items in same category
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 17:25:20 pm »
I'm looking for the same kind of thing for a poster store - if the client buys multiple quantities the same SIZE of posters, we need to offer a discount :

Buy 0-5 products in the A3 poster category - get 10% off

Buy 6-10 products in the A3 poster category - get 20% off

Buy 0-5 products in the A2 poster category - get 10% off

Buy 6-10 products in the A2 poster category - get 20% off

It needs to work with sub-categories (or I could hard-code them I suppose), so when looking within the 'A3 posters' section, I could buy 2 Pink Floyd posters, 2 Rolling Stones Posters and 2 Beatles posters (Total of 6 posters, all size A3) to qualify for the '6-10 posters' discount rate of 20%

Does anyone have a solution to achieve this, or can point me in the right direction please?
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary and those who don't