News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No redirection to PayPal when using Internet Explorer

Started by TheHostDogs, December 28, 2010, 23:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHostDogs

when I click NEXT button to procced from step 3 to PAYPAL, the browser procced me to the step 4!! This happens only when i use IE8..it works fine with firefox and chrome

what happens? why IE doesnt procced to paypal?
please help me..
Sofoklis Pantikidis
The Host Dogs
Internet Services
Thessaloniki, Greece
info@thehostdogs.gr
www.thehostdogs.gr

lukiluk

Hi, i use 1.1.6 and i have the same problem. As i can see from the last threads in PayPal/ Paypal Pro, there are many problems with the Paypal configuration and there are no answers.

Could someone from the Dev team or a administrator answer to these plz.

Should we return to a previous version eg 1.1.5 ? Should we buy a plug-in for paypal?

I trust virtuemart, but apparently i can not create a eshop with so many bugs.

TheHostDogs

PAYPAL's reply to the email i have sent them:

According to the error message and the behavior (working with Firefox but not with IE...),the problem is that you're using frames (the fact that Paypal is opening in the same window as your website).
The problem is that this is causing security problem (Paypal is HTTPS(secure) whereas your website is HTTP) and this is causing compatibility problem as well (for example, I'm using Internet Explorer 6 and it's working but with IE 7 or Firefox, I have the same problem as you).
Try to remove that frames then (for Paypal at least) and it will be working fine (there's nothing wrong with the code as the button is working).

Also, you can add "target=paypal" in the first line of the button code as follow and this will prevent the "frame issue" to happen again : <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr " method="post" target="paypal">

Where is this code? Is there any developer there to answer us?
come ooooooon guys..
Sofoklis Pantikidis
The Host Dogs
Internet Services
Thessaloniki, Greece
info@thehostdogs.gr
www.thehostdogs.gr

taylor09

I am encountering the same issues with 1.1.5 with mynxx template...

It displays Paypal as the payment type but than just proceeds to the order complete and changes the payment to COD

fouf

Hello,

I encountered the same problem.

I am new to Virtuemart, so I fixed it as I can, nothing is guaranteed.

Here is my fix :

Modify administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\checkout.index.php :
<input type="submit" class="button" name="formSubmit"
to
<input type="submit" id="submit" class="button" name="formSubmit"

Modify components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\checkout\get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php
window.addEvent("click", function() {
to
$("submit").addEvent("click", function() {

Hope this also works for you.

TheHostDogs

I solved the problem..

I didnt use the solution above..What I did was to use PAYPAL LEGACY.. Just change the email and DONE..

Now vm proceeds me after the third to the fourth stage and then to PAYPAL which is the most logical thing to do) whichever browser I use..
Sofoklis Pantikidis
The Host Dogs
Internet Services
Thessaloniki, Greece
info@thehostdogs.gr
www.thehostdogs.gr

Shibumi

For all you people who do NOT want to use PayPal Legacy Mode... and because the new PayPal API should work in all browsers...

Quote from: fouf on January 18, 2011, 23:53:23 PM
Modify administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\checkout.index.php :

Find around line 338
<input type="submit" class="button" name="formSubmit"

to

<input type="submit" id="submit" class="button" name="formSubmit"

This next mod you will have to do in any template(s) checkout directory, not just default...
Quote from: fouf on January 18, 2011, 23:53:23 PM
Modify components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\checkout\get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php

find around line 68
window.addEvent("click", function() {

and replace with

$("submit").addEvent("click", function() {

I tried this mod, and it seems to work in IE9 Beta running in the following mode:
Browser Mode: IE9 7 Compat View
Document Mode: IE8 standards

I have tested this in IE9 Beta with developer tools on, and in Google Chrome and it works in both successfully.

One thing I did notice, is the PayPal page layout is not the same for IE as it is for Google Chrome...
Google Chrome shows the "Welcome to the new PayPal checkout - a faster, easier way for you to complete your purchase" before the company's logo is displayed...

where IE just shows the company's logo - same code resulting in different results in different browsers!!

both pages start with url: https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION= .....&dispatch= .....
SESSION and dispatch are different on each for obvious reasons
Jeff
=================================================
Scionergy.com - www.Scionergy.com
Scion Owners Club of Ottawa - www.ScionOwnersClubOttawa.ca
Capital Door Service - www.CapitalDoorService.com - VM2.0.20b, Joomla 2.5.11 PHP5.2.11 powered site

VDecorateYourDesk

cowax

neither for me.  :-\

Somebody have some other suggestions?