News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 1.1.6 - which Paypal method should I use?

Started by onlinestorenut, December 20, 2010, 06:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onlinestorenut

Hi,

I want to use Paypal with my VM 1.1.6 site, where I get passed to the Paypal site and either pay via Paypal directly (IE. log into my Palpal account and pay) or via their option to pay by credit card, via the Paypal site.
IE. I don't want the customer to enter any CC details on my actual site but on the Paypal site.

Can I just use the 'Paypal (Legacy)' method or do I need to use the 'New Paypal API'? I've seen there are a number of issues with the 'New Paypal API' payment method, so I was hoping the Legacy one will do me.

Some more questions;
1. Once the new API version is fixed, are there any advantages to using it?

2. Assuming I use the Legacy version, I'd like to change the text which is displayed to customers from 'Paypal (Legacy)' to something like 'Paypal (Secure Credit Cart Transactions Via Paypal)'. Does anyone have a clue which PHP file I need to edit please?
EDIT: No2 was just me being silly. You just change the name of the payment method and it changes the text diplayed.

3. And finally, has anyone tried the VirtueMart B-Planet Paypal patch with VM 1.1.6? (http://www.b-planet.com/VirtueMart/paypal-patch.html)

Thanks in advance,
Bob.

saviB

I'm interested in answers to these questions too. Using Legacy removes the "Invalid Tax" issues I experienced with PayPal API. BUT - I have issues with Legacy too. Anyone out there today?

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=80537.msg265771#msg265771

AH

SaviB

what are your issues.

Bob

I still use the legacy version as I could not see the extra benefits of the new API other than that of configuration for sandbox mode, which I already understand.

Not installed the patch and will not, as I want to see who has not completed payment as this allows me to call them up and see if I can help!

My main reason for using it would be to have PayPal Pro enabled allowing card details to be taken directly on my site.  Please Please someone tell me if this is what it will do and most importantly DOES it support UK paypal Pro??
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

onlinestorenut

Quote from: Hutson on January 17, 2011, 11:24:56 AM
SaviB

what are your issues.

Bob

I still use the legacy version as I could not see the extra benefits of the new API other than that of configuration for sandbox mode, which I already understand.

Not installed the patch and will not, as I want to see who has not completed payment as this allows me to call them up and see if I can help!

My main reason for using it would be to have PayPal Pro enabled allowing card details to be taken directly on my site.  Please Please someone tell me if this is what it will do and most importantly DOES it support UK paypal Pro??

Thanks Andrew. I had decided to stick with the legacy for now (as there doesn't seem to be much action on fixing the problems with it), so hearing your opinion makes me think I made the right move :)

One thing the new API had which I liked was the nice Paypal graphic with the various credit card symbols. But I guess I'll just place them someone with a module or whatever.

Cheers,
Bob.

AH

Bob

I just stuck the PayPal graphic in a module as you noted. 
I used metamod pro to determine when best to display the graphic module. 

I also renamed the "Paypal (legacy)" to be "PayPal secure payment"  to give customers a warm safe feeling.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

hiccupsolutions

Hi, Joomla VM expert, i stuck somewhere around, if you buy a item arrive to you this simple email notification, one in just few minute. if you wait arrive until a 30 similary "pending" email in just one day. if you cancel the orden arrive about 10 email "cancelled" state. why all these emails?

any comment would be appreciable--thankyou in advance