News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Can someone please explain how Test Mode works?

Started by rockanick, December 16, 2010, 07:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockanick

Hi there,

New to Joomla and Virtuemart 1.1.6. I already set up VM with the sample data and selected Paypal (Legacy) as my payment option. Selected the HTML form, went to configuration and added my Paypal email account and put Test mode to yes. Didn't make any other changes, including NOT adding my own product info, images. I pretty much left things as is.

Question is, I'm trying to test out the Paypal feature and it appears that something is not working right. Right now my site is offline and I have to sign in as admin to get to the frontend to see how things work. When I click on a sample product, shouldn't it add that item to the cart with the price? It takes me to blank page and I'm not sure if that was just  sample and it wasn't supposed to do anything.

What exactly is supposed to be happening here? Was there something else I needed to do before I am able to do this Test Mode? I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Basically I want all credit card/debit/instant transfer payments to be done via Paypal, so I thought by adding the Paypal address, that covered the information VM needed to process payments. Any thoughts?