News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shopping Cart Hack - Help Required

Started by webbyluke88, December 14, 2010, 16:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webbyluke88

Hello everyone, I have a client using Virtuemart who had a web designer work with him before, cant contact them about this. When you select a wall mounted split system air conditioner and add it to cart you will see at the checkout a link called installation, when clicked you can then get a estimated installation cost that should pass back over to Virtuemart although it doesnt.

I posted the file 'Shop.Calculator.php' if that helps but from just looking at it that way is there a reason you can think of as to why it wouldnt pass over to Virtuemart? Although it could be a file that the template uses to enable that link in the first place, which I have also attached named 'basket_b2c.html.php' which is a template basket file

http://www.easyair.com.au is the web address

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

webbyluke88,

I am not a developer, and cannot solve your problem. BUT:
How far has the original developer gone? because by the 2 files I looked at, there is no way its going to pass along the total without some good hacking.

IT might be actually easier to use the calulator to calculate a "Shipping Rate" and then post that to the cart. THEN, Change the wording on the front end to Show "Installation" instead of shipping.

edango

Did you get this sorted? If not, PM or contact me, like BanquetTables.pro said, you could do it that way, though making two selections (one that's "Free Shipping" changed to "No Installation" and the other "Installation xxx" - unless you want installation required)