Author Topic: Back in Stock Notification still in english language  (Read 3318 times)

carlosmarques

• Beginner
Back in Stock Notification still in english language
« on: December 13, 2010, 19:17:13 pm »
Hi everyone.

I'm running Virtuemart 1.1.4 and currently my frontend and backend languages are both portuguese (Portugal). Neverthless, the email that is sent from the Back in Stock Notification is in english. The variable "PRODUCT_WAITING_LIST_EMAIL_TEXT" in the /common/portuguese.php file has the correct translation. It is the only functionality that comes in english. I have made sure, by making a few alterations to the file /common/english.php that Virtuemart is indeed using that file instead of the portuguese one. I have Joomfish installed. Is there something i'm forgetting to do? Thanks in advance.

Happy Hollidays  :)

carlosmarques

• Beginner
Re: Back in Stock Notification still in english language
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 16:03:03 pm »
A new question about the same problem. I'm trying to locate the virtuemart file that actually sends the email for the Back in Stock notification. Anyone knows which one is it? Thanks in advance.

Cicicok

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 00:16:52 am »
I have same problem. Please help us!

gkolomvos

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 19:45:22 pm »
The php file that sends this e-mail notification is administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/zw_waiting_list.php (Virtuemart 1.1.9)

The line that uses the translation of the text is:

$notice_body = sprintf($VM_LANG->_('PRODUCT_WAITING_LIST_EMAIL_TEXT'), $product_name, $url);

So i have the same problem but the notification mail message is always sent in the back-end (administrator) language. When i change the back-end default language then the notification mail is sent in the new back-end language (provided that the traslation of PRODUCT_WAITING_LIST_EMAIL_TEXT is found in one of the language files of virtuemart).

But it seems that this is not really a bug. It simply was not designed to be stored the language of the customer who made the notification request at the virtuemart table "Jos_vm_waiting_list". So when the admin updates the "in stock" field of the product, the message is sent in the language of the administrator (the language of the customer was not stored anywhere).

So i suggest that the solution would be a hack to store the language of the customer, together with his e-mail address...
My knowledge of virtuemart and php is not enough to do such a thing.

Has anyone solved the problem yet?

Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece