Author Topic: [Solved] Checkout button redirects to "You must log in first" page  (Read 8548 times)

moleculezz

• Beginner
Hello,

I seem to have a huge problem. I had virtuemart running with no issues, and now suddenly I have an issue when shoppers try to checkout.
Normally when they click on the checkout button they are prompted to either login if they are a returning user or register a new account.

Now I get sent to a page (which is not virtuemart login/registration page) that says: "You must log in first"
This is, I think, Joomla login page. This causes numerous problems with the registration process and the checkout process.

This was working fine yesterday. Today I installed AceSEF and also modified some things. So I'm not quite sure what caused this.
I did disable AceSEF completely, but that didn't fix it either.

The other thing I did that I suspect might also be culprit is that I did a chmod 644 on all my files on the server and 755 for all folders. I did this cause I had an issue before and thought that might fix it.

I attached an image of the page that I am getting.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

moleculezz

• Beginner
Re: Checkout button redirects to "You must log in first" page
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 13:54:27 pm »
So after a lot of testing I finally found the problem.

Luckily I had backups of when it was working. In the end I had to use a MySQL database compare tool to compare the two databases to see what configuration messed up the site.

So here it is.
I created virtuemart menu item that points to "account.index". So that shoppers could see their account details and order details etc. I set the permission to "Registered". This was the reason for the problem. I disabled the menu item and all was working fine.

Seems like it's a bug.
I can't imagine that you would not be able to make that menu item to only be visible to shoppers who are logged in.

sibela

• Beginner
Re: [Solved] Checkout button redirects to "You must log in first" page
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 15:59:12 pm »
Whoa, thank you SO much for this. Can't believe a 3 year old thread from VM1 would save our project, specially after hours of hopeless trial and error.

To anyone having trouble with the checkout page redirecting to the Joomla login page, check your menu items and take care of any Virtuemart-user account management ones. I'm not sure why, but this problem started for me after updating to 2.0.24b.

Take care!

bjamieson

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 22:23:57 pm »
Yup, this one bit me too - I guess no one actually bothered to implement this on a live shop

milosm

• Beginner
  • A beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 14:37:15 pm »
The problem still persists on VM 3.0.6.2!