News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart open beta released (updated)

Started by Milbo, November 11, 2010, 18:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franzpeter

Is there such a difference inside the database between VM 1.1.5 and VM 1.5? Did take a look inside the database tables, the most obvious thing in productor category  tables are: addition of metatags, detailspage (maybe for templating) and the different standard entry for published, which is now 1 instead of Y and in the categories something for pagination. The manufacturer table has now the possibility for images.
So nedge2k: I do not understand why it should not be possible to migrate the database VM before 1.5 did not use metatags, so there is nothing to migrate in that case, the fields remain empty. Replacing Y with 1 and N with 0 cannot be such a big problem.
So it should be possible to update the database from existing VM 1.1.5 with the new fields and convert a few things. The biggest changes are not in the database but in the component files.
Virtuemart has a lot of users now. I think without a migration a lot of users will migrate to something else, what may have such a migration tool like Tienda or Redshop.

k0nan

well a migration tool should be defenitely here before the official release

we can't leave behind our users..
The Official VirtueMart 1.1 User Manual  is out, get a copy now!

Stai cercando aiuto per VirtueMart in Italiano ? Visita VM Italia

darksoul

I think for now other joomla component for shopping are not so cool as virtuemart.
The most important is:
- Virtuemart is free
- Virtuemart (and new 1.5) have multi-vendors tables (older) and capabilities
- Virtuemart is very known and there are a lot of extensions, themes.. and also if 1.1. haven't joomla MCV the graphics with themese was supreme. I dont see any demo of redshop, tienda, etc... like a Vm Junction, or Yageendo flypage template.

A question.. When is probable the release of RC, or stable?
Did the beta support joomla 1.6?

I tested it in joomla 1.5 in easyphp is worked but i can't access on the shop.
Perhaps i need to test in a clean database (there was vm 1.1 tables).

k0nan

next beta is not scheduled yet, meaning that there is not an official date for its release but the dev team is working on it.

the current beta is not supporting j1.6
the next beta proabily will, btw the stable vm1.5 will support it for sure.

about your testing environment, shop can be accessed by creating a menu link and choosing VirtueMart as the menu type
a clean database is mandatory as there is no conversino tool atm (even if db tables that needs to be converted are very very very VERY few!)

if you are a PHP developer, don't waste your time, give us an hand :)
The Official VirtueMart 1.1 User Manual  is out, get a copy now!

Stai cercando aiuto per VirtueMart in Italiano ? Visita VM Italia

darksoul

Sorry but i didn't. Im learning about some of php but im not a developer.
I try to myself learn using Module template adding some code and simple things.
The only one i made is Vm Total Orders... i simple counter of "C" confirmed or "S" Shipped.. ;D you know what i said.

MKI-Miro

where can we see progress of 1.5 because on dev.virtuemart.net is nothing showing last few days

thanks

Milbo

We had big problems with our servers and committing was not possible and now is xmas time
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

blans

Please add an order possibility for additional images. And most important... Loose the MD5 Hash when uploading images.

Very anxious for this version...

Blans 
Multilingual VM Webshop
Joomla 1.5.26
VM 1.1.9
Joomfish 2.1.7
Artio JoomSEF 3.8.2
CSVi VM 3.8.1

VM2 has the power of Magento and the usability of Opencart. I just can't get it to do what I managed to do with VM1 for so long...

jjk

Quote from: blans on December 23, 2010, 14:12:33 PM
Please add an order possibility for additional images. And most important... Loose the MD5 Hash when uploading images.

From what I've seen so far I think the "insert additional image" page now is located under the menu 'Product - Product Files'. There you can select one of the products and click on "New" to add additional images or files. However, it doesn't seem to work yet (I get an error message when I try this).

Concerning the MD5 hash suffix - they are eliminated already! You can see this if you upload your own images for a product. What you see in the beta appears to be just a few old imported sample image files including their ugly MD5 file name.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

TomC

A feature that would have really been useful for the upgrade would be a multi-tiered navigation system for the catalog (similar to Magento's "layered navigation) - i.e. Shop By Price Range).

orasis

.. well if there is something to ask is to include as much possibilities for digital download stores as possible. there is too much to ask ...

we love virtuemart
peace

Milbo

Downloadable goods and a complete new media/files/images handler is on the list for the RC, begin of april.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member