News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PayPal without automation

Started by cybergarage, November 03, 2010, 17:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cybergarage

We are moving from processing credit cards to using PayPal for our orders. The issue I am running into is that we do not process the cards immediately when the order is placed as many orders are custom configurations so we don't charge the customer until the order is ready to ship. Due to this we do not want the invoice/PayPal email to be sent as soon as they place the order, we would sent it through Quickbooks when the order is ready to ship.

Looking for an option where I can have one payment option that would be default. On the payment page I would like to have two fields the customer would fill out, Purchase Order # and another for the emails address the PayPal invoice should be sent to if different from their registered email address. Would like that field to be optional, maybe with a radial if it's the same. What is the best method of going about doing this? Have been playing around trying to come up with it but everything I have tried just causes the cart to jump past the payment page to the confirmation page showing payment as PayPal.

Another option we might add is a Purchase Order option that would only be available to customers setup with terms. If I add this I would also need to have a field for the purchase order # if they choose that option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mwenz

You can do off-line payment processing. It isn't advisable to store people's CC info, but it can be done in VM. Just set up a CC option. The numbers will then be available to later process them. A search on this forum will give you any further information.

And there is code here (I forget the thread itself) where once hacked into the appropriate file will delete the CC info from VM upon changing the order status to either shipped or confirmed. This at least minimizes how many CC numbers are being stored at any given time--at least if one is vigilant about changing the order status.

For now, the easiest means of capturing info would be to simply have the customers type the PO# and email address into the comment box. But you can add fields and have them appear. Do a search for how this is done. I am sorry that's the best I can offer as I have not done this myself. But there is plenty of info on the forum.

Take care, Mike

cybergarage

mwenz,

Thank you for the reply. We were storing the CC info to process later but are moving away from that and will not be collecting CC info at all. I will search on how to add the fields to the payment page for PO # and email address. Do you know how I would go about having that page show up? Right now it skips the payment page all together and goes straight to the confirmation page.

cybergarage

Ok, was able to force the payment page when using only one payment method, on to the next step.