News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Adding Negotiated Rates to Standard Shipping

Started by donsom, October 14, 2010, 16:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsom

We have been going back and forth with UPS. Our company has a Negotiated Rate for shipping (cheaper than standard published rates because of the volume). We only offer standard shipping to Canada and the US at this time. The negotiated rate applies to the standard shipping by default. I've finally got the XML sending and returning the proper information after going through the UPS XML dev manual and adding the required nodes to return Negotiated Rates.

Requirement:

• Need to have the UPS Negotiated Rates info replace the Standard Shipping info.
  • Would like to edit only the ups.php or ups.cfg.php pages to keep things to a minimum in case we have to update the cart code in the future.

I tried defining the Negotiated Rates in the .cfg file, however it would need to use the same area/state code and Fuel Service Charge as the Standard shipping. When I reloaded the UPS module, the Negotiated Rates did not appear as a radio button selection so I can only assume that it was either not defined correctly, or that it is conflicting with the standard shipping definition.

I don't like hard coding values .. but that may be the only option in the ups.php file at the moment.

Anyone have any experience with negotiated rates in ups? ... or any ideas on how to solve the problem?

I know that Magento already has a dropdown to handle Negotiated Rates in their UPS shipping module, so somebody has already thought (run into) this.

Thanks,

DaleT

I am having the same issue.  I spoke with UPS Support and they check the code and said this needed to be added,

Here is what you need to do:

1. The approved UserId associated with the Negotiated Rates must be used in the AccessRequest container along with the Access Key and Password.

2. The approved shipper number must be included in the RatingServiceSelectionRequest/Shipment/Shipper/ShipperNumber container.

3. The empty node <NegotiatedRatesIndicator/> must be included in the RatingServiceSelectionRequest/Shipment/RateInformation container. The RateInformation container may need to be added as well.

4. The <StateProvinceCode> node is required in the RatingServiceSelectionRequest/Shipment/Shipper/Address container or RatingServiceSelectionRequest/Shipment/ShipFrom/Address container depending on the absence or presence of the ShipFrom container. If the <ShipFrom> container is present, the <StateProvinceCode> node is required there. In the absence of a <ShipFrom> container the <StateProvinceCode> node is required in the <Shipper> container. It is also required in the RatingServiceSelectionRequest/Shipment/ShipTo/Address container.

I am clueless on where this would need to be added.  If someone knows how to add this, hopefully it would fix the issue.\

Thank you!

rgsummerlin

is the missing xml data something that UPS recently added as required information?

lowmips

I have a modified version of the ups module that supports negotiated rates available on my website.  It is a free download.

Also, I am currently working with a client to add this feature to my UPSv2 module.

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

lowmips

I now have Negotiated Rates support in my UPSv2 module, starting with version 2010.11.12.  It is available from my "Free Software" downloads page on my website.

-Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

lrossy

Just wondering if that version of your UPS2.0 has negotiated support included or if I need to install seperatetly. Also, what is the most up to date version of your UPS module? there is a lot going on on your download page lowmips :)

lowmips

Yes, the latest version of UPSv2 includes Negotiated Rates support.  you can always find the latest module names in the first post of the UPSv2 post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=47142.0

I know the downloads page is not ideal... Phocadownload is nice but I need a different solution.  Any suggestions?