Author Topic: Menu in template not working  (Read 1227 times)

sel_darkroom

• Beginner
Menu in template not working
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:47:56 am »
Hi,

Joomla Version 1.5.20
VirtueMart 1.1.7

I've been customizing a template and as a newbie to Joomla and Virtuemart I'm having a problem linking the left side menu to the relevant virtuemart category even though i believe I am following the correct procedure (obviously not however).

The customization is currently a bit of a mess but I really need to get over this hurdle before I can continue and make it fully functional. I need urgent help to get this happening if at all possible.

When I click a parent on the side bar menu (eg Books) it goes to:
http://classictreasures.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2&Itemid=1
the category_id is correct but the itemid is incorrect - this happens for every  link in the side menu with or without sub categories (ie the itemid is 1 in every case).

However, if you click on 'Store' in the top menu you get the correct front page and the parent categories are in position  (although it showing four across and should only be showing three - this is actually another problem I am having with this template - i have specified three in the row but it still shows four (but that's something else anyway). When you click on the parent links in the 'Store'  all work well and there is no problem when you click on Books ... it takes you to the sub category page... so I am unsure how to allocate these correct pages to this Side Menu allocation.

Any direction would be most appreciated. :'(

I know this is probably completely basic but need some help... thanks so much!

Bjinnz

• Beginner
Re: Menu in template not working
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 10:54:47 am »
Make sure your not confusing the categories and items, looking at your site you have New Books and nook art going to the correct places. Look at what you have done with them and it should become clear.