News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Need some code tweaking

Started by John M, October 06, 2010, 01:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John M

I have a situation where my UPS charges are less 44% off of the displayed price from the UPS module.  My rates for next day air and next day saver are way to high on teh cart so I need to somehow reduce the cost of the total shipping rate after they enter the zip to reflect my savings of 44%

Can someone tell me how to do this or I can use a bid on it.

Thank you

John merlino
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Damn that was fun, what a ride!"

lowmips

My UPSv2 module would allow you to modify the rates based on a percent value (shipping modifier).  It's a per-product setting, so you'd have to edit the shipping modifier for each one (or use a SQL call to blanket modify them all).

See here for module details:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=47142.0
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

lowmips

Actually, after having re-read your post, it sounds as if only those two shipping services have the high price issue...right? I'm not so sure it would help you if that's the case. My module does NOT have per-service shipping modifier granularity.   :-\

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

John M

Reggie it sounds as of you understand the problem and I am really in need of some help here.  Is their no way to right a small hack on the variable that comes back to the UPS module form UPS zone rates and just deduct the 44% from that number?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Damn that was fun, what a ride!"