News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Shipping Sir Charge

Started by sportbikejunkie, January 20, 2009, 21:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportbikejunkie

I am trying to figure out how to set up the Shipping Fuel Charges.

I am using the following.

Joomla 1.5.9
Latest Version of Virtue Mart 1.1.2
Located in Canada.

If anyone can help out please let me know, as I am so close to getting this done...Just a few small hangups.

Thanks a ton.

James

lowmips

in the UPS configuration, simply replace the "FSC" text with numeric value.
For example, to include a fuel surcharge for ground shipping, replace "UPS_Ground_FSC" with "1.25" for a $1.25 charge.

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

sportbikejunkie

Quote from: lowmips on January 20, 2009, 21:25:53 PM
For example, to include a fuel surcharge for ground shipping, replace "UPS_Ground_FSC" with "1.25" for a $1.25 charge.
-Reggie
I guess it would work with a % amount?

Thanks I am going to look at this now....

James

sportbikejunkie

Quote from: lowmips on January 20, 2009, 21:25:53 PM
-Reggie

OK, I am in Store/ShippingModuleConfiguration/UPS Module...I am not seeing a "UPS_Ground_FSC"?  Is this the right section for me to be in?

THanks,

Jim

sportbikejunkie

I do see this...

Shipping Method Enable? Fuel SurCharge Rate(%)

But does not give me a box to check....

Thanks

lowmips

can you take a screenshot and attach it in a reply? It sounds like you may be having other issues.
-Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

sportbikejunkie

Here is the screen shot.  I am working on my laptop as I am currently out of office....Photoshop is crashing so here is a big bmp file from paint...Yea, 2.4 mb...

Sorry.

Thanks,

James

lowmips

Ok. The weird text below the "Fuel SurCharge Rate(%)" column is what you want to change.  The checkbox simply enables the service listed to the left.  The FSC value on the right is not even used if the checkbox is not checked.

But replace the "UPS_Next_Day_Air_FSC", etc. text with your fuel surcharge amounts.
(and yes I was wrong, use a percentage not a dollar amount)

see attachment.

-Reggie

Paddyfoley

Hello

I am having a simular problem. I am using UPS v 1.0 in Joomla 1.5 and VirtueMart 1.1.3.

When getting rates from UPS my charges are at least $ 4.20 to $ 4 .40 HIGH! when compared with the UPS.

All my shipping options show the _FSC, Could this be causing my shipping chrages to be high?

My site is www.theperfectcigar.com

Thank you

Random13

I am having a similar problem, the module lists my shipping price for an item at $7.48, then UPS bills me for $9.50.  They say that this is because it priced for delivering to a commercial site, and then they actually delivered it to a residential site and that costs more.  Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

Jay