News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Fed Ex V2 error after install

Started by jkosick, September 14, 2010, 06:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkosick

I just installed the latest Fed EX mod. vm115-FedExv2.2010.08.10 also just downloaded today. Once installed I can not add products or adjust the product status. I am using VM 1.1.5 on a rocket theme template and an ENYtheme VM template for VM.

I reapplied the patch for VM 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 and was able to fix the issue, which wiped out almost all the FedEx files.

Everything seems to be working with the FedEx mod. installed except I was getting an error on check out saying the Max was 0 for the product. I can not remember the exact error but essentially was something that i needed to select in the product status that was not able to be changed with the FedEx mod installed.

I FTP all the files in filezilla and everything seemed to be there, I didn't go file by file yet.

I'm not sure if I am missing something simple or if it is a conflict with something on the site or if some one else reported an issue like this.

lowmips

First of all, please post issues specific to the FedExv2 module in my FedExv2 post.  I have subscribed to it and get email alerts for every post.  I just happened to see this post this morning.

Usually, when products cannot be edited you're either missing the SQL updates or you're missing the updated product class file.  You'll need to re-install all of the files, and then I suggest you run through the SQL updates again, one by one.  Each SQL command ends with a semi-colon, so copy a line up to that point, enter it into phpMyAdmin, and make sure it goes in.  You will get an error if the new field already exists.  This can be ignored...proceed to the next command.

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

jkosick

Thank you for the quick reply, I will post in that section from now on. Yes the SQL was indeed the problem. I was working on another site with the old SQL upgrade and had all sorts of issues after install (either to many mods or conflicts maybe), so I decided to try it on a site with no mods to VM. It seems to be working well on the new site. I will have to try and figure out how to make this work on my other site that has many mods on it. Thanks. I will be donating soon!
Will this V2 be a long lasting API for FED Ex? 

lowmips

Glad you got it working.

The FedExv2 module uses the "Web Services" API, which is the most current API FedEx offers. 

Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

jkosick

I also got it working on my other site with all the mods. IT was a case of the C-panal file manager not over writing files correctly. I use Firezilla and re-FTP the files and did the SQL upgrades and also works well and I had to do very little for all my mods.

Any chance of using the "user-class" feature in 1.1.4 on 1.1.5 as to not do so many core hacks? Just curious...

lowmips

The "user class" files would only apply to a few class files.  The mod incorporates much more than just classes.  There isn't a lot to gain from it.

Reggie

jkosick

Thanks, I donated for current and future development. Thanks for the great work.

lowmips