Author Topic: Automate Virtuemart Products to Amazon or Ebay  (Read 20626 times)

djreason

• Game Room and Man Cave Supplies
Automate Virtuemart Products to Amazon or Ebay
« on: September 09, 2010, 19:01:16 pm »
So, I use redmystic to automatically add any new products, and update existing products, from my virtuemart store to Google Base. This works awesome and is a HUGE time saver.

I was curious if anyone knew of a similar service that I can use to automatically submit/post any new/edited products that I put in my Virtuemart store onto Amazon or Ebay or any other comparison shopping site.

I look forward to your responses.

austim

• Beginner
Re: Automate Virtuemart Products to Amazon or Ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 01:32:58 am »
I found this article interesting and worth to look. I also want to do the same thing.

http://www.vitalbodies.com/blog/2010/04/02/bulk-listing-on-ebay-shopping-cart-and-google-base/

sdillon@snazflash.com

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 18:19:53 pm »
I am quite familiar with Garry the developer of RedMystic and we have talked about doing what you are looking for.  Turns out, unless it has changed, the API for Ebay was difficult to integrate.  We want to do it because we have sites that would benefit too.  Stay tuned because if enough people as looking for it we might just get moving on it.

fujistock

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 11:47:03 am »
Hi Guys:  Count me in too.   Happy to contribute financially or as a tester.

lakhi.v

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 04:42:31 am »
I am also definitely interested in a solution that automates the product sync from virtuemart to amazon and ebay.  Just like fujistock I would be happy to contribute financially or as a tester.

Aglobalweb

• Beginner
    • Aglobal Web
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 07:17:21 am »
Hi Guys,

PM me, if you want that solution. We have built one for our client.

Regards,
Aglobal Web
http://www.aglobalweb.com/
Professional Joomla/Virtuemart Customization

P4R4N0RM4L

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 21:55:52 pm »
I am quite familiar with Garry the developer of RedMystic and we have talked about doing what you are looking for.  Turns out, unless it has changed, the API for Ebay was difficult to integrate.  We want to do it because we have sites that would benefit too.  Stay tuned because if enough people as looking for it we might just get moving on it.

If you guys integrate this ... i will be the happiest guy ever

PolishedGeek

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Joomla! Innovation Refined.
    • Polished Geek, LLC - Joomla! extensions, web development & custom integrations
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 14:39:33 pm »
We just completed a small VirtueMart to eBay component for a client. The eBay API is indeed difficult to work with. We built the following functionality:

• System of Record is VirtueMart 1.1.x - all product information is maintained in the VM store
  • All basic product information is supported - description, price, image, etc.
  • You can select specific product categories that will automatically update to your eBay store
  • If an item is sold in the VM store, either an immediate update can be sent to adjust inventory in eBay or it can be handled with a cron job
  • If an item is sold in eBay, an immediate update is made to adjust inventory in the VM store via the API
  • Our client only needed UPS shipping and PayPal payment methods, so for now that is all that is supported in this first version of the component. Auction items are not yet supported either, just regular eBay store listiings.

If needed, we can expand the functionality for new clients with a custom development project, and since the base functionality now exists, subsequent clients will not have to fund the entire project from scratch.

You can learn more about it here on our website: https://polishedgeek.com/paid-extensions/virtuemart-to-ebay-integration.html
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

useris

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »
Hi,

How much will it cost? I went you your website but there is no price.

PolishedGeek

• Polished Geek, LLC - Joomla! extensions, web development & custom integrations
Re: Automate Virtuemart Products to Ebay
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 16:32:30 pm »
Thanks for your interest in our VirtueMart to eBay Lister extension. This extension is not being distributed on a public download basis for the time being. Instead we are quoting individual projects based on client store requirements.

To provide a quote, we gather the following types of information:

Fields and configuration in use (or planned) in the VirtueMart store (number of categories/subcategories, are child items used, attributes, multiple images, multiple pricing for different shopper groups, etc.)

Fields and configuration in use (or planned) in the eBay store (for example, are Item Specifics fields used in eBay, and if so, how will these be handled in VM? Does the Return Policy vary by product category or is it the same for the entire store?)

Are there any 3rd party extensions or VirtueMart customizations?   (Frontend templates and such don't matter, just backend integrations are what we need to know about).

This detail is necessary so we can include in our estimate any changes to the API integration or extension functionality that may be required depending upon how your products vary from what is already supported. Therefore we also want to know if there are out-of-scope products or categories you would not want synchronized between the two stores, or any other special situations you know we would need to programmatically handle. 

At the conclusion of your project, you will receive a full copy of the extension source code, licensed under GPL v2. So yes, you may use it for other clients and multiple domains without additional charge after the initial project, forever. Our quote will also include consulting time to assist your staff in learning how to implement the extension.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

useris

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 18:39:08 pm »
No thanks, I don't want you to install this component.

monak83

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 17:52:52 pm »
Someone has tested the extension provided from PolishedGeek?

I'm interested to this extension!

Regards

monak83

jeorcal

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 23:46:02 pm »
is there something new ?

moonswolf

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 22:36:52 pm »
Hi guys, any news?

I'm really interested on export my virtuemart products on Amazon and eBay stores...but i don't know if is there a way to make this.

Thanks for all.

PolishedGeek

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 02:36:55 am »
Here's an update - We have several clients running VirtueMart to eBay integration with our component in their stores now. Due to popular demand, we did a complete rewrite from the ground up in Q1 of 2012, to make JoomLister more powerful and easier to use. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about it.  :)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO