News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

virtuemart should redirect to German Paypal Site - how?

Started by Airlike, September 07, 2010, 16:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airlike

Hi there

I did just set up a virtuemart shop and  almost everything works fine (or I found somewhere a solution or work-around...) I have so far only one problem left:

I do only sell in Switzerland, so my customers are only Swiss people who speaks German - it is really bad, when they want to pay by paypal (or credit card through paypal), that the redirection goes to the English paypal.com site.

I can't figure out where I have to make the change so they'll see the German paypal site - so I need help really bad!

Thanks so much!

cheers

edit: well, now it works just fine - I saw in the configuration tab of the paypal module some code. it seems that this checks from where the customer comes. How does it check exactly? Does it take information from the customer account or from the browser?

spiritwalker

Hi Airlike

I am building a small shop at the moment and I have no idea how to do that with paypal. So I read your posting that you just have built successfully a shop with paypal for Swiss customers. I need the same. May I ask how you did that?

Best regards.

Andy.

Airlike

Hi Andy

to be honest I didn't do anything in the end. Virtuemart should direct by itself to the right paypal site. There is some code in the paypal component in the virtuemart administration where you can see, how it works, but as I already said, I didn't change anything. Doesn't it work for you?

Patrick