Author Topic: [SOLVED]Can't get downloads enabled fully  (Read 1105 times)

Tikkiro

[SOLVED]Can't get downloads enabled fully
« on: September 06, 2010, 16:31:30 pm »
I've done everything the manual says to do (as far as I can tell) to get downloads enabled - set it in the global config, etc, but when I go into the file media option to upload the images, it shows the download option as greyed out so obviously I'm missing something here?  Anyone any ideas of whether the manual's perhaps missing a step, or if not having the option available despite setting up for it, points to a particular issue over any other?  Thanks.

=================
I finally figured out the issue - comes down to the way the manual is written and how instructions that seem simple and obvious to those writing the manual can be easily misinterpreted by those reading it!  Or else perhaps I'd also just changed a few other necessary parameters along the way - whichever, it's working now.

For me, the solution lay in something that originally didn't make sense in how it had to be undertaken - when you want to set up a file for downloading, you seem to first have to create it as normal (i.e. as if you were selling it by post), then go into the Media as the manual describes, and then indeed you do have to click on it and select the New (at the top right) in order to access the option to make it downloadable.  Something tells me though that this is overkill and I've still maybe got it wrong, but at least I was finally getting a downloadable option to select.  However, while buyers can buy the item, the downloads aren't actually working properly yet so still have to figure that out but suspect that's going to come down to how I'm setting up the download link, so some work yet to do, but at least I've got this far!

Chris

• Beginner
    • I Fix Machines
Re: [SOLVED]Can't get downloads enabled fully
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 17:58:12 pm »
In the store config do you have the right path?
Virtuemart 1.1.8
Joomla Version 1.5.21