News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Discount recognition in Paypal

Started by loui211, August 11, 2010, 14:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loui211

Does anyone know how to fix this.

When a customer submits a discount coupon on an item say 10% this amount gets deducted correctly from the product in Virtuemart.

However if they flow through to pay using Paypal, Paypal deduct the 10% from the item price and a further 10% from the discount. 

Therefore the 2 amounts Virtuemart and Paypal do not match.

Eg Product 12.75 - 10% disc ($1.28) = $11.47 - Virtuemart
   Product 12.75 - 10% disc ($1.28) - 10% disc ($0.12) = $11.35 - Paypal

Therefore I get a message from Paypal such as

"During a paypal transaction on your site the received amount didn't match the order total."

I've tried a few things, but can't seem to find where to fix this.

Joseph Kwan

Are you sure the second discount is a coupon discount? It is not 10% of the total.
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

consolecustoms

What does your paypal extra info look like in the paypal configuration?

Does the amount show up correctly in Virtuemart?

take a look at my post in this thread. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=49535.75

This is a modified "paypal extra info" script that will send the actual items details to paypal. I did not create it but I modified it to correct issues with tax and coupons send to paypal. It works excellent and look much better than the default "paypal extra info" which only send the total order information and no individual details.
www.consolecustoms.com - Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 Rapid Fire controllers, LEDs and more.