Author Topic: Waiting List Report  (Read 13871 times)

rb

• Advanced
Waiting List Report
« on: July 30, 2010, 21:15:47 pm »
The attached zip file contains code and installation instructions for a VirtueMart Waiting List Report.  This hack allows you to view the Waiting List in VirtueMart's back-end.  Customers add themselves to the Waiting List for a product when the product is out of stock and they click on the "Notify Me" button.  This report can filter by "Notified", "Non-notified" or "All".  It also allows for a search via either the product name or the customer's email address.  Finally, you also have the ability to delete entries, usually done after the automated notification has been sent.  This report is accessed by clicking on the VirtueMart "Reports" link in the back-end, and then a new sublink titled "Waiting List Report" appears.

This hack has been tested under VirtueMart versions 1.1.4 and 1.1.5.

This hack makes changes to core VirtueMart elements, so if you implement it and then later upgrade to a newer version of VirtueMart, you will have to re-apply this hack.

This hack does not have an automated installer script.  You must follow the detailed manual installation instructions in the "readme.txt" file in the attached zip archive.  The installation is not difficult, but it has a number of steps, all of which must be followed exactly.  One step requires you to execute one provided MySQL statement.  If you do not know phpMyAdmin or equivalent, you will not be able to install this hack.

Sample output is attached below.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Tzvika

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • Beginner
Re: Waiting List Report
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:45:45 pm »

grodiz

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:39:05 pm »
Rb, I love this mod! It has made my work so much esiear, Thank you!

I have one question regarding this beautiful mod. Is there some way to make it so that the child items can be seen in the list to?

Best regards
Anni

crazihel

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 14:00:06 pm »
Rb, I totally agree with Grodiz! I just installed it this morning & it works perfectly. Excellent work, thanks :)

ljfent

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 06:10:07 am »
Yes, this is a great hack...

Can anyone tell me where to change the content of the email message that gets sent once the stock level is again raised?

Thanks!

thire

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 16:05:50 pm »
Hello,

I tried to install this but... I cannot enter in Vm anymore.
I double checked all the procedure, all seems OK however !

I replaced backuped files but I have the same result !!!  :'(
HEEEEELPPPP !

Thanks in advance,

Thierry

xnoybis

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 09:40:19 am »
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

I had SIXTY people on the waiting list for products that I had no intention of restocking, but which I now obviously will.

This really should be a core functionality in virtuemart.

cuevision

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 13:48:49 pm »
Realy a great feature you made!

is there somebody that can tell me why waiters do not receive an email when a product is grade up to more stock? When someone add his email to the waitinglist now and I upgrade that specific product, there is no notification sent.

Thanks an regards,
Ed

kleinbaas

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 09:52:23 am »
I need something similar.. I add my products directly into the database in bulk, which means the notify emails are not being sent when there is stock for an item.

How can I force the notify emails to be sent?

Any suggestions?

simply123

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 23:37:34 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks for this. I always thought the notify button send the administrator an email, never really tried it until a client said she wasn't receiving them. This works perfectly! Thanks A Ton!

wizzin

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 13:09:46 pm »
I had this issue before and approached it a different way.  I use fabrik for Joomla a lot for all kinds of things.  I just made a new table in fabrik which displayed the "jos_vm_waiting_list" table.  Obviously not as nice as having it in VM, but you don't have to hack VM's core to see the waiting list and it's a little nicer than logging into phpmyadmin etc.  You can export the list from fabrik if you want to.  Just thought I'd add a different solution to the problem to help someone else out.

To do this.  Download fabrik http://fabrikar.com/downloads and install like any other component.  Once installed, go to fabrik and click on the tables icon.  Click New. Name it VM waiting list or anything else you want really.  Then on the right hand side of the table creation page click the "data" tab.  For connection, use site database.  For link to table click the drop down and choose "jos_vm_waiting_list".  Save the table.  You can add other things like filter etc. if you want to change the display etc.

To view the data, just click on "view data" on the table page in fabrik.

gkolomvos

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 21:22:49 pm »
This hack has been tested under VirtueMart versions 1.1.4 and 1.1.5.

rb you have done a great job.
I confirm that the hack worked for me perfectly on Virtuemart 1.5.9 on joomla 1.5.25

I have found a similar solution at http://www.gillesen.nl/joomla-extensions/113-virtuemart-waiting-list by Roel Gillesen, but i couldn't make it work properly.
However one feature from that solution worked great with your hack: to send a notify mail to the web administrator to let him know that a customer has asked to be notified.

To do that edit the file /components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/pages/shop.waiting_list.tpl.php

between the lines:
<form action="<?php echo $mm_action_url ?>index.php" method="post" name="waiting">
and
<input type="hidden" name="option" value="<?php echo $option ?>" />

add the following code:
Code: [Select]
<?php
// Use this for "PHP Mail"
$to "email@mydomain.com";
$subject "New customer on the waitinglist";
$body "There is a new customer waiting for product: " "$product_id"\r\n" "URL: " .
"http://www.mydomain.com/administrator/index.php?page=product.product_form&limitstart=0&keyword=&
product_id=" 
"$product_id"&product_parent_id=&option=com_virtuemart" ;
$headers "From: admin@mydomain.com\r\n" "X-Mailer: php";
mail($to$subject$body$headers);
// Use this for "PHP Mail"
?>

Change the email@mydomain.com and http://www.mydomain.com to your emailadress and your
site url.
Georgios Kolomvos
Patras, Greece

deathorglory

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 15:36:05 pm »
Is there anyway to force Notify emails to send? I as well as mutliple users above update via database (other programs, bulk etc) but doesn't seem to trigger them to send.

Even if I go back to an item hit save, or go to an item, update the inventory by one and hit save, no notification email goes out. I have checked the waiting list tab and ticked the box to ensure an email will be sent but nothing goes and users still not getting emails.

Anyone?

deathorglory

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 15:39:10 pm »
I did find, if I change my product in the database to 'x', go into my product list, make it 0, save. then make it back to 'x' save. emails do go out. Is there a way we can fix this?

Devol

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 11:31:33 am »
Hi, does any body know how to make VM send notifications if products are imported via CSVI?